52% intelligent. 9% modest. More monkey than bear.

Thursday, December 23, 2004

Tonight thank God it's them instead of you

Before we all disappear off on our Xmas breaks.... some food for thought:

UN Plan for Darfur “Not Working”

The world’s worst humanitarian crisis – 1.7m people have fled their homes and 70,000 dead since the start of the conflict

Horrific human rights violations in Darfur - Justice in a state of emergency

20,000 - 30,000 people living in squalor in refugee camps in West Darfur

Aid Effort nowhere near enough

Save the Children withdraw from the Sudan after the murder of 4 aid workers in 2 separate incidents

MSF worker killed and aid workers increasingly at risk in the Sudan

This is just one region in the world - the West Darfur region of the Sudan. I could easily have picked somewhere else.... Iraq perhaps?

We can help to make a difference.....

DONATE HERE

DONATE HERE

Buy a Goat

Fax your MP from your PC - let them know what you think (I've just faxed Ken Clarke)

Register with TimeBank and volunteer your time to help make a difference.

Help Make Poverty History in 2005

merry christmas!


4 Comments:

  • At 10:06 am, Blogger LB said…

    just a small note on the power of your and some of the other brilliant blogs I have been reading over recent weeks.

    1. I have bought my wife a brood of chickens for Christmas
    2. I've just donated about £25 to the Band Aid charity by having a Christmas lyrics pop quiz in my office this week.

    Neither of which I would have dreamed of doing without reading some of these posts.

    a genuine "thanks".

     
  • At 5:08 am, Blogger Aravis said…

    Thank-you ST. And a Happy Christmas to you!

     
  • At 5:44 pm, Blogger Jenni said…

    Very good, thought-provoking post, which is not suprising coming from you. Enjoy your holiday!

     
  • At 8:51 pm, Blogger Tom said…

    My man! I don't always comment on your blog very often, but I try to drop in every day. So...

    Have a great Christmas...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home