52% intelligent. 9% modest. More monkey than bear.

Sunday, January 23, 2005

(pragmatism not idealism)

Just a very quick post to say that I decided to take the plunge.... and I am typing this on my beautiful new PowerBook from the comfort of my sofa*

* well, not technically from my sofa. Actually from right beside where my PC is as I try and work out how to transfer my ITunes files across to the mac. But that's only a temporary thing and I am wireless, albeit pointlessly so when I am sat about 30cm away from my cable modem. Still. The whole thing was an awful lot less painful than I had feared - router, airport, file sharing, the works.

Phew.

[update I -> about 10 minutes later.... now I AM on my sofa. Watching Desperate Housewives, as it happens]

[update II -> about 2 hours later.... I've now got the Ipod working. Hurray!]

6 Comments:

  • At 11:37 pm, Blogger Aravis said…

    Cool. Congratulations! I'm glad everything was less painful than feared.

    Have fun!

     
  • At 5:11 am, Blogger Jenni said…

    Congratulations. I knew that if I could do it, you would be able to. Now just make sure not to put any beverages on or in your laptop, and you should be good to go ;)

     
  • At 6:10 am, Blogger Arethusa said…

    You won't regret it. :->

     
  • At 9:48 am, Blogger swisslet said…

    Fox - hell yes! and the keyboard lights up and everything!

    Woo-hoo!

    Jenni - oh, don't worry: coffee is banned from anywhere around my baby. By the way. Update on my work laptop is that it was deemed "uneconomical to repair" and they are assigning me another (older) model. My company being what it is, they have to send me the broken laptop back so I can hand it in to get the replacement.... thing is that it looks like it works, and only needs a new hard drive.... I am currently investigating, because frankly it would be ridiculous to throw out a perfectly good PC because of that. Ridiculous, that is, but not beyond the bounds of possibility with my company.

     
  • At 10:20 pm, Blogger The Num Num said…

    Good for ya.

     
  • At 8:31 pm, Blogger Tom said…

    You're watching "Desperate Housewives"?

    Oh no.

    (Actually, I've never seen it, so just ignore me.)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home