52% intelligent. 9% modest. More monkey than bear.

Monday, April 30, 2007

who's in my head hiding themselves?

I got a letter from the company that provides my health insurance the other day. It was the kind of letter that made me feel very glad that I continue to fork out the £80-odd a month premium (there's a long story behind this, but you can read that here). The letter was an update telling me that the MRI scans I had 4 weeks ago have been invoiced by the hospital and paid for by my insurance. The cost of these MRI scans? The hour or so I spent in a torpedo tube lying as still as possible whilst they took some snapshots of my brain and spinal cord? £900.

That's a lot of money.

I wouldn't mind, but I haven't even had the bloody results yet.

---

In other health news, with the wedding now less than 6 weeks away, I can't seem to stop hurting my ring finger. The joint has always been a bit warped ever since I dislocated it about 15 years ago whilst playing rugby. However, in the last few weeks I have managed to give it a couple of significant knocks whilst playing first basketball and then football. The net result is that the joint has swelled up again and it bloody hurts....

And yes, since you ask, we have just been to the jewellers and been fitted for our wedding rings....

If my body is trying to tell me something, I'm ignoring it.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 5:23 pm, Blogger Cat said…

    That means I'm getting a complete bargain with the one for my teeth then - it's only (only?) £100.

     
  • At 5:32 pm, Blogger HistoryGeek said…

    It's amazing how expensive these things are.

     
  • At 6:58 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I paid a ton of money for insurance coverage for this school year. The year is more than half over, and so far I have only used it for prescriptions, and my co-pay has been huge. Of course, if I decide not to renew, that'll be when something disastrous happens.

     
  • At 11:54 pm, Blogger Aravis said…

    I rather like getting MRIs; I find them oddly soothing. But then again, I'm a little touched in the head, as the saying goes, so you can't go by me. Glad to know it was paid for!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home