52% intelligent. 9% modest. More monkey than bear.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

the words of the prophets are written on the subway walls...

>>>>> ST's ALPHABETICON - X <<<<<

Previously in the Alphabeticon: A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, singles, N, O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W

You surely know the score by now. An alphabetical trawl through the CDs sat gathering dust in my cave.... and certainly not the alpha and the omega of my record collection. Got it? Right. Nearly finished now....

So. X.

Um.

Nothing.

Zip.

Nada.

Nothing to see here.

Move along.

Move along.

[coughs]

Next week........ Y ! (and I have got some Ys, alright?)

Lost somewhere in iTunes: XTC. That's it. "Making Plans for Nigel", since you ask. An excellent song, at least.

And here's what I could've won: Xzibit, Xscape, X (apparently there are seven known bands called "X"), X-Press 2, X-Ray Spex, X-Ray, X Men, X-Noize... erm, anyone think of any others? It's not a letter of the alphabet absolutely overwhelmed with bands, is it? Any suggestions?

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

  • At 10:48 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Funny, I've been thinking over the past week or so that I'd like to dig out some of my old X-mal Deutschland stuff again.

     
  • At 10:56 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Only several minutes later does it occur to me that one of my favourite bands of the past few years is Xiu Xiu.

     
  • At 2:31 am, Blogger JamieSmitten said…

    What about X -- the fabulous band with John Doe, Exene Cervenka, Bill Zoom, and a drummer (they get no respect!)? "It was better before, before they voted for what's his name, This was supposed to be the new world" -- published in 1983, but totally applicable today!

     
  • At 6:02 am, Blogger Michael said…

    I now know my calling in life...

    to front a band called "Xenophon."

    Especially since I checked iTunes and my almost 9000 mp3 library has NO bands or performers starting with X.

     
  • At 3:12 pm, Blogger Rol said…

    Xylophone.

    Not a band, just... well, a xylophone really.

     
  • At 7:31 pm, Blogger Cat said…

    XTC's the only one I can think of too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home