52% intelligent. 9% modest. More monkey than bear.

Thursday, November 18, 2004

...for you and for me and the entire human race...

If you feel so inclined, you can speak to me on the phone tomorrow.

Just call 0845 733 2233 between 8pm and 2am, and you'll apparently have a 1 in 3,500 chance of speaking to me....

I'm manning a phone on one of Children in Need callcentres.

You'll also probably be able to see me on the TV as they are sending in the cameras apparently,. I know this because it means that I will have to wear a special t-shirt

(and there's me lining up my JESUS t-shirt)

I'm not saying you should watch it... it is hours and hours of tripe after all.... but you might like to hand over some cash here. It goes to some worthwhile stuff.

6 hours of my time? That's about £500s worth, I think....

Aren't I worthy?

If you watch, I'll be the one in nottingham with a frown (especially if someone "wacky" is anywhere near me). I'm actually toying with the idea of answering the phone as a minor celebrity.

"Hi, this is Cliff Richard, the peter pan of pop. thank you for calling children in need. Uh huh! praise the lord" etc.

What do you reckon?

----
And lest we forget, go and have a look at Fallujah in Pictures.... it's a war and people are dying. Some are soldiers, some are insurgents, some are civilians, some are children. All are human beings.

MAKE IT STOP.

7 Comments:

  • At 9:16 am, Blogger thomkat said…

    Good man. Good luck.

     
  • At 9:25 am, Blogger The Num Num said…

    Alas I donated just now online, so wont get a chance to chat to ya.

    enjoy...good will

     
  • At 9:35 am, Blogger Teresa Bowman said…

    What a gent. Good luck to you, and here's hoping you don't end up sitting next to someone "wacky". Or if you do, give them a surreptitious poke every now and then when they're not looking.

     
  • At 9:39 am, Blogger LB said…

    you try explaining to Cliff Richard that he is a "minor" celebrity..!

    seriously, have fun. And someone should tell your boss you're on £80 odd quid an hour

     
  • At 10:33 am, Blogger Soaring said…

    Oh! Fond memories of Sir Cliff serenading the crowds at Wimbeldon during a scheduled downpour!!!... those were the days.

     
  • At 10:44 am, Blogger swisslet said…

    let me clarify: the rate my company charges me out at is not the same as what I get paid.

    Far, far from it !

     
  • At 5:54 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You, SwissToni, are a VERY nice man.

    I might just call you, to make a donation, but how will you know who *I* am, if I get through to you? Oh blimey, you'll just have to be nice to EVERYONE that calls...

    Good luck, and if you see Cliff, take the opportunity to plead with him to retire...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home