52% intelligent. 9% modest. More monkey than bear.

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

I've borrowed some tools to chisel you down...

It's a good site, and I've urged you to go and have a look at it already, but you really should make your way over to Stand By Your Statue.

Why?

Well. Because it's funny. Because you can easily join in. Because it's been recommended by people like Yahoo and Metafilter. Because the stats don't lie: Statue John has had more hits in a month than I have had in nearly a year!

All good reasons to go and have a look. The best reason of all though, is because it currently features me.

Did you need any other reason?

sheesh.

(and don't listen to those lies about my batting average either. All rubbish. He's not factoring in the not outs. And I was an opening bowler anyway, so what's the big deal?)

Anyway - if you want to learn how a "tiger" is really done, you should check this out...

Vain? Me? In those sandals?

5 Comments:

  • At 9:15 am, Blogger Statue John said…

    Heh heh. Thought the mention of your batting prowess *cough* might cause a bit of a reaction! Still, at least I'm mentioning you in the same sentence as Sir Don and I bet that's never been done before...

     
  • At 10:03 am, Blogger Teresa Bowman said…

    I've been looking at "Stand By Your Statue" and I've been really enjoying it. I may even submit a picture myself ... there are plenty of statuary-imitating opportunities in Bristol that are far too good to miss. Edmund Burke hailing a taxi in the middle of the Centre, for example, or Cary Grant striding purposefully through the Millennium Square.

     
  • At 11:05 am, Blogger swisslet said…

    Oh - you gotta do it! Submit those photos.

    So many statues and so little time.

     
  • At 11:23 am, Blogger LB said…

    it's a genius idea, and no mistake.

    I am going to struggle with my submission for a few days based on the current sporting theme, unless Rameses II was a renowned trampolinist or something. (I am guessing he wasnt).

    My batting average, interestingly, is "infinity" as I was one not out in my only ever innings.

    that makes me a better cricketer than Bradman, technically.

     
  • At 12:16 pm, Blogger Statue John said…

    Thankoo for the kind words and yes, would be honoured to publish any photos from the SwissToni readership!

    (would give me the chance to link to his site again and to comment upon the sandals)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home