52% intelligent. 9% modest. More monkey than bear.

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

She's gotta heavy heart that beats to the rhythm of a different song

I had an email from an old friend of mine the other day; he was complaining about feeling tired because he had been up late playing with his Star Wars Lego.

He's 30 years old.

He's married.

I hope he never changes.

Good work Des!

---

I'm going to Korea in May for my brother's wedding (part II), and there are two things on my mind:

1) I'll be there when The Revenge of the Sith comes out. Are the Koreans a culture that dubs films, or one that subtitles films?

2) I wonder if I'll be able to get some quality merchandise on the cheap? I could use another lightsabre....

Are we the generation that will never grow up?

13 Comments:

  • At 9:50 pm, Blogger swisslet said…

    .... or as C. just said on reading this, we're the sex that will never grow up !

     
  • At 11:26 pm, Blogger Flash said…

    C is probably right!
    I have a blue lightsaber, my boy has a multitude of colours but rather worryingly he is most adept with a double sided red one.

     
  • At 6:55 am, Blogger Jenni said…

    Nothing wrong with appreciated the child-like things in life now and again. Enjoy it while you can, I say.

     
  • At 9:21 am, Blogger swisslet said…

    hey flash - mine's a double-bladed red one as well. Does that say something about me?

    ST

     
  • At 9:41 am, Blogger John McClure said…

    Are we the generation that will forever hear cello music whilst swimming in the sea?

     
  • At 11:51 am, Blogger Mark said…

    we grow old, not grow up.

     
  • At 12:43 pm, Blogger swisslet said…

    hurray - comment spam! I feel like I've arrived.

     
  • At 3:49 pm, Blogger Mark said…

    can you delete that piece of shit?

     
  • At 4:19 pm, Blogger swisslet said…

    I can, yes. I'm only hesitating as it will be the first comment I am having to delete, and it's something of a sad moment.

    Do they really expect to sell anything like this?

    what the hell is tramadol anyway?

     
  • At 4:37 pm, Blogger swisslet said…

    I was curious enought to check on medline - Tramadol and Fioricet are both prescription painkillers. Apparently they can be habit forming....

    Not sure what the enlargement penis pill does though - it wasn't on medline.

    Any ideas?

     
  • At 5:33 pm, Blogger Mark said…

    i would delete such electronic graffitti immediately and without a second thought

     
  • At 6:26 pm, Blogger Flash said…

    Hate, anger, agression. The dark path are these.

    Remember this ST!

     
  • At 6:55 pm, Blogger Aravis said…

    Wow. You know, that's the first piece of comment spam I have ever seen on blogger. Amazing.

    As for growing up, I won't. I can't. I seem to have topped off around 5'6" and no matter how hard I've tried, I'm afraid I'm stunted. However after reading your post, I have acquired an earworm of my own: I Won't Grow Up, from Peter Pan.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home