52% intelligent. 9% modest. More monkey than bear.

Monday, August 22, 2005

pour misery down on me

It was almost dark outside when my alarm went off this morning at the usual time, and as I came too, I realised that it was absolutely pouring with rain. I had to drive to work with my headlights on, and then got my feet wet as I was forced to wade across a couple of small lakes in the car park.

This is terrible news. Not only is it the August Bank Holiday this weekend, meaning a three day weekend, but the Nottingham Test Match starts on Thursday.

Whatever happened to the summer?

It must be Monday.

8 Comments:

  • At 12:04 pm, Blogger adem said…

  • At 2:25 pm, Blogger Mark said…

    i don't like mondays, tell me why, i don't like...

    my monday was a pooh sandwich as well.

     
  • At 4:12 pm, Blogger LB said…

    i got absolutely p*ss wet through this morning as well.

    22nd of August for heavens sake.

    The fact i mowed my lawn in shirt sleeves and shorts yesterday afternoon as it was about 25 degrees doesn't help, either.

    global warming? what global warming?

     
  • At 6:22 pm, Blogger red one said…

    I blame 17 year old liars everywhere.

    red

     
  • At 8:51 pm, Blogger swisslet said…

    hear hear fox. infernal shite. It's probably not all red's fault, actually, as Lord B was quoting it round at his the other day and red must have been infected........

    and by the way, don't think I haven't noticed, Ka, that you said you preferred Travis to Coldplay.

    tsk.

    ST

     
  • At 8:58 pm, Blogger red one said…

    It wasn't me, it was him honest!

    I did indeed get the lurgie from Lord B's post the other day. The worst of it is that as it cycles through my brain, it has a slight tendency to morph into the There She Goes by the La's halfway through.

    That's what a four-day earworm does to you...

    red

     
  • At 9:07 pm, Blogger swisslet said…

    nothing wrong with the las mate, nothing at all.

    ST

     
  • At 9:41 pm, Blogger red one said…

    I like both tracks, actually. But not for four days continuously.

    However, I've got my own back on Lord B with the revenge of the lynx, over at mine heh heh!

    red

     

Post a Comment

<< Home