52% intelligent. 9% modest. More monkey than bear.

Monday, February 13, 2006

Viens petite fille dans mon comic strip, viens faire des bulles

---
As is traditional, I brought back a few bags of French sweets from my holiday for the ungrateful gannets at work. One of these bags contained some relatively tasty chews called "Carambar Fruits". On the wrapper, these boldly advertise "Blagues Tordantes!", and sure enough, there's a joke written on the back of each one.

This one was my favourite:

3 Bonnes Raisons.... de péter dans son bain:

1) Ça fait des bulles et tu peux t'amuser à les compter

2) Ça fera des vagues pour ton canard en plastique

3) Tu remonteras la température sans utiliser le robinet

... but then I've always liked potty humour.

---

As I've got a fantastic candidate lined up for tomorrow's "Blog of the Week", I thought I'd tie up a loose end and announce the winner of last week's "Blog of the Week" now.

I know you're all on tenterhooks.

Well. The dancing badgers have it.

The winner is Skinny Legs And All, who now has about twenty-four hours to revel in his crown. Well done all (and I'm filing forksplit away for future reference).

Thanks for your nominations and for your votes. It's actually quite difficult to go and find one decent blog a week worth pulling out, so I really appreciate your help. If you see anyone else worth looking at in your travels, do be sure to point them out to me....

---

I idly asked C. this morning when we were going to go and see "Little Britain". Rather ludicrously we booked the tickets about 14 months ago, so I thought it must be coming up sooner rather than later.

C. couldn't remember, so she checked the tickets when we got home.

Still. At least I now know what we're doing for Valentine's Day, eh?

---

I'm going to send the fridge pictures over to Yoko for her analysis in the next few days... so if you were planning on submitting a picture, this is probably your last chance.

5 Comments:

  • At 2:25 pm, Blogger Alecya G said…

    Theatre! Sounds like fun to me.

    I need to babel fish the jokes, and I'll get back to you :)

     
  • At 2:48 pm, Blogger Jenni said…

    I'll be babelfishing as well! Good thing you and C didn't wait until tomorrow to check your tickets :)

     
  • At 4:18 pm, Blogger Alecya G said…

    C'est intéressant. Non, vraiment.

    Toutes les plaisanteries sont-elles comme celle-ci ? Dites-nous encore, svp.

     
  • At 5:24 pm, Blogger HistoryGeek said…

    Drat! I keep forgetting to bring in the picture to send to you. (really must get the DSL working at home!) I swear it will be done soon.

     
  • At 2:15 pm, Blogger Teresa Bowman said…

    I put that joke through FreeTranslation and I think it's funnier this way:

    3 Good Reasons. ... to burst in his bath:

    1) that does bubbles and you can have fun yourself to count them

    2) that will do waves for your duck in plastic

    3) You will climb back up the temperature without using the faucet

     

Post a Comment

<< Home