52% intelligent. 9% modest. More monkey than bear.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I'm a man with a mission in two or three editions...

I love books me.

So when the Ultimate Olympian sent me a link to this with the words "Saw this, thought of you", what the hell else was I supposed to do?

[I'm dumping this flash nonsense. You can see my shelf here]

I think I'm going to use this little baby to try and keep a list of the books on my "To Be Read" (TBR) pile. Not just books that I abstractly want to read, but books that are actually sat in a pile next to my bed waiting for me to pick them up and read them. That kind of a TBR pile.

Well, the ones nearest to the top anyway.

If I can work out how to do it, I'll embed it in my sidebar too. That way you too can see how long that Henry James stays there unread as I plough my way through sport books....

Won't that be fun?

Go on.

Sign up.

You know you want to.

(and where can I get one of these for records?)

---

and for reference, of the books listed above, I am actively reading:

-> the biography of Keith Miller
-> "The Master" (no, it's not a Doctor Who novel...)
-> That book on the Tour de France.)

Although I did have a brief diversion on Monday when I read "Elektra: Assassin". That's literature too, right?

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 9:51 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love it! I'll have to take time to do this next time I am bored at work!

     
  • At 3:33 am, Blogger SpanishGoth said…

    Why are you the Kevin Bacon?

    Do you come with sausages and eggs?

     
  • At 4:38 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    There's an application on Facebooks that has books, CDs, DVDs, gadgets, and magazines. Both that you have and that you want to have/read/listen to/watch. It's quite dangerous to my productivity at work! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home