52% intelligent. 9% modest. More monkey than bear.

Thursday, July 03, 2008

is this a vision or normality I see before my eyes?

I've got the post-Glastonbury blues.

It's that killer combination of bone-weariness and a general malaise that strikes me down for a few days after I get back from Somerset. Rubbish. Still, I'm slowly pulling myself out of the slump as my mind turns towards the treat that I've got in store on Saturday evening.



I'm off to meet up with Mark, Stef, Graham and a couple of other guys to watch the mighty, mighty Iron Maiden play Twickenham stadium on the only UK date on the "Somewhere Back on Tour". Unbelievably it's their first stadium show in this country.

Me and Iron Maiden go way back to 1987 when I first bought "The Number of the Beast" on cassette because I quite liked the front cover. It was probably the defining decision in the shaping of my music taste, and although my sonic palate has expanded somewhat since then, I've never been able to quite shake off an enduring addiction to screaming guitars.... and not many people do screaming guitars better than Maiden. I've seen them several times before, of course, but they are apparently playing something of a "golden era" greatest hits set, and I'm starting to get really, really excited about it.



Scream for me Twickenham!

Bring it on.....

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 10:26 pm, Blogger Michael said…

    Should be a great show. I'd go just to catch two of the openers, Avenged Sevenfold and Within Temptation.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home