52% intelligent. 9% modest. More monkey than bear.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

god of piston, god of steel....

-
Shuffleathon 2008 Update

Another week, another update to the big table. We've a new review in, with Tina's very fair-minded thoughts on Michael's CD now published here.

I'd still like it if we could get the outward leg of this thing completed before the end of the year. Most people have now managed to get a CD out into the post (including at least one person who doesn't even have easy access to a CD burner), but there are one or two people who I still haven't heard anything from at all. If you're out there, it would be good to know how you're getting on.......

The reviews I'm a little more relaxed about - take your time, if you feel so inclined, and make sure that you give it a good fair listen before rushing into a review. I'm not putting any notional deadlines on that for a little while yet.

As always, if you could drop me a line to let me know where you are in the process, be that sending or receiving a CD or if you've put up a review, then that would be much appreciated.

ShufflerPosted out
Received?
1. Me
yes

2. Mandy
yes
3. Charlie
yes

4. Planet Me
yes

5. Ian

yes
6. Mike


7. Jerry
yes

8. monogodo


9. Erika
yes
yes
10. Michael
yes
review
11. Lisa
yes
review
12. Cody Bones

yes
13. Del

yes!
14. RussL
yes
yes
15. Tina

review
16. Wombat
yes

17. Joe the Troll


18. JamieS
yes

19. Cat
yes

20. Rol
yes
review
21. Beth
yes
yes
22. asta
yes

23. bedshaped


24. Paul
yes

25. Alan
yes

26. Astronaut
yes
yes
27. Threelight


28. The Great Grape Ape
yes

29. Paul W
yes

30. Ben
yes
yes

I'm away for a few days now, departing my comfortable desk and spending three days in Oxford working at the sharp end of the retail business as we hone in on Christmas. I'm quite looking forward to it, truth be told. All being well, and if the customers don't eat me alive, then I'll be back on Sunday night....

Earworms of the Year 2008.

Don't forget - I need your 5 nominations for the Earworm of the Year 2008 please. Thanks for all the votes so far, but I still need more. All you have to do is to email me (via the address in my profile) the five tunes - in order - that have been most stuck in your head this year. If you can provide me with a bit of blurb on each, that would also be great. I'm not after the songs you thought were the best, necessarily, just the songs that got caught on a loop on your internal jukebox. Hell, they don't even have to have been released this year.

I'll do a big writeup at the end of the year - have a look at the previous winners below to get an idea of what the hell I'm talking about. It's all good, anyway.

Roll of honour.

2005 Coldplay - "Speed of Sound"

2006 Gnarls Barkley - "Crazy"

2007
Rihanna - "Umbrella"

See you in a few days then. Toodle-Pip.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

  • At 8:45 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So, I wrote a li'l thing.

     
  • At 7:56 pm, Blogger Ben said…

    Assume you got my Earworm bits and pieces then, too?

    Cheers for organising both things - enjoying being part of them, as ever...

     
  • At 8:46 pm, Blogger Mark said…

    my CD arrived. We cool ?

     
  • At 10:20 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have recieved, and after I finish with the final final (tomorrow morning) I will listen, review, and get one out QLAB.

     
  • At 2:57 am, Blogger Ben said…

  • At 7:26 am, Blogger Tina said…

    My CD is packed up and ready to go - just need to find myself a handy Post Office now.

     
  • At 6:30 pm, Blogger Tina said…

    Post Office found and CD dispatched.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home