52% intelligent. 9% modest. More monkey than bear.

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

not there....

Yesterday afternoon, I found myself involuntarily reaching out to push the glasses I no longer wear back up my nose. I suppose it's hardly surprising, given that I wore them for the best part of thirty years. All the same, it was still something of a surprise to find them not there as I reached out to adjust them.

I suppose this kind of vestigial feeling must be similar to that experienced by people who lose a limb, although presumably it's infinitely preferable to reach out for glasses that you no longer need than to look for an arm you no longer have.

Life without glasses is good.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 5:38 pm, Blogger Mark said…

    rub your full visual capabilities in my impeded nose, why don't you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home