52% intelligent. 9% modest. More monkey than bear.

Sunday, December 04, 2005

I'm looking for answers from the great beyond...

Thanks for playing kids..... here are the answers:

Sample 1



Mystic NumNum said "This person has a good level of confidence, requires personal space a lot, and is fairly caring of those around. The convex baselines indicate a good starter, but a rather poor finisher in most cases. The short upper loops indicate a material person who does not partake in religious type thought. The short sharp hooks indicate a irritable and cranky persona. The lack of a g/y/f/j may have tilted this analysis off track though."

The handwriting belongs to...... Bee from Life in the B

Lyrics from "Brand New Colony" by The Postal Service

The NumNum actually knows Bee, so he was very aware that this one was a little misleading. Nice handwriting though, I thought.

Sample 2



Mystic NumNum said "This person is a clear thinker who is reserved and caring. This person is a tad hypersensitve, so I shall tread gently. Focused in the here and now, but with a strong fantasy drive and a very childlike demeanour in most cases. (This person is also one who dislikes unlined paper, which makes my job bloomin hard!)"

The handwriting belongs to...... Di from Suburban Hen House

Lyrics from "Birdhouse in Your Soul" by They Might Be Giants

Apparently using lined paper makes the analysis a little bit harder, as the spacing between the lines can be most revealing. I think Mystic NumNum must have been near the mark though - most people seemed to work this one out... I will of course be earworming this song for the rest of the week.

Sample 3



Mystic NumNum said "This peson is a logical thinker, who is keen to keep distance (slightly reserved). This person is unfortunately a tad insecure, and tries to balance that by involving in social activity. The clash of behaviours leads to insecurity. A strong focus in the past, and a non-egocentric view of life. However, the slighly falling baseline indicates a level of fatigue with life, which needs rectifying to balance the usually strong focus."

The handwriting belongs to...... Michael from Yummy Brain Gravy

Lyrics from "River of Deceit" by Mad Season

Good lyrics, I thought. For some reason this looked like it was written by an American, and indeed it was.... not many people picked it right though.

Sample 4



Mystic NumNum said: "Optimism, and a bit of a penchant to dwell on the past. Another good starter but not really geared to finishing with much aplomb. Strong level of self confidence, this person is slightly emotional and spontaneous with a bit of a quick-judgement. Sometimes prone to inferiority bouts, the optimism helps keep the driver going. Sometimes childish with a bit of a dreamy quality."

The handwriting belongs to......SwissToni from SwissToni's Place

Lyrics from "Exit Music (For a Film)" by Radiohead

Apparently I'm quite hard to pick. Don't let the use of a fountain pen distract you from the fact that I don't join up my handwriting! C. liked the analysis here too...

Sample 5




Mystic NumNum said: "An entire song when a lyric would have sufficed, matches the overreaction quality of the narrow spacing. Unfortunately I cant see it in good detail, but it looks like a bit of an inconsistent personality - at one stage calm and another very nervous and insecure. Very here and now, material driven, so no dreams of utopia or unrealistic futures, but a bit of an optimisitic streak."

The handwriting belongs to......Le Flash from The World of Flash

Lyrics from "Waterloo Sunset" by The Kinks

Good song Flash, but why did you copy out the whole damn thing? I'd say you have an optimistic steak. Would you?

Sample 6




Mystic NumNum said "A balanced mind, thinking a fair bit about the future. Keen to continue learing from mistakes, this person is sometimes a bit too impulsive. However, mostly a very clear thinker with a high capacity to care for others. Very determined too. But again, could do with a bit more freedom and some plain-paper!"

The handwriting belongs to......Jenni from Wonder(ing) Goddess

Lyrics from "Hallelujah" by Leonard Cohen / John Cale / Jeff Buckley / kd lang...

I think Mystic NumNum's got you banged to rights here, Jen. I nearly used a line from this song myself actually....

Sample 7



Mystic NumNum said: "An orderly person who is conventional and requires privacy. Has a strong ability to care for others. Fairly confident and proud, though more leaning towards a religious view of life, and extremely hypersensitve. A strong penchant for all things olde, a childlike behaviour and a fantasy driven mind. A very bad starter but manages to finish in the end."

The handwriting belongs to......B1rdie Num Num from The Num Num

Lyrics from "Money for Nothing" by Dire Straits

Mystic NumNum assures me that he did this analysis totally dispassionately... anywhere near the mark mate? Nice turquoise ink too.

Sample 8



Mystic NumNum said: "Heavens, this is all over the place. An inconsistent personality, flitting between impulsive behaviour and a bit of a guilt complex afterwards. A strong fantasy type mind, that is dirving to optimism. A not so good finisher, but adaptable, caring and conventional most of the times. As an aside, if its a man, he sure has very feminine handwriting! The kind of guy who would have a tie pin and button hole, or the kind of woman who has a trinket or two on her person, but not really driven to catwalk-style (?)"

The handwriting belongs to......Foxy from The Urban Fox

Lyrics from "Venus In Furs" by The Velvet Underground (was that a cryptic identity hint, Foxy?)

Firstly, great choice of song. Secondly, this analysis made me laugh out loud and then check that Mystic NumNum hadn't worked out it was you. He hadn't, so it's just perfect.

Sample 9



Mystic NumNum said: "Looks to the future this one, but has a bit of a hangup in learning much from the past. Strong self confident, lives in the here and now. Oddly enough shows signs of a need to fit in! Sometimes childish, but a dislike of y/g/j in their lyrics, leaves me little to work with in 5 mins."

The handwriting belongs to......Rufus-Fan

Lyrics from "Tonight We Fly" by The Divine Comedy

Well, she managed to avoid picking something by Rufus, but the Divine Comedy would have been my next guess.... probably quite hard to pick as she hasn't told us where her blog is yet. hint hint!

Sample 10



Mystic NumNum said: "Secretive. Sometimes hypersensitive, this person has a lot of guilt driven behaviour. Optimism keeps them going, they are a bad starter but manage to finish in the end. An objective outlook of life, they do need some time alone to themselves. An odd sense of confidence, though the ego is sometimes taking over."

The handwriting belongs to......Statue John from Stand By Your Statue

Lyric from "Genius" by the Kings of Leon

I've known this handwriting for many years... and this is a spookily good analysis by Mystic NumNum here. Did it give you the shivers SJ?

Sample 11



Mystic NumNum said: "Very neat! An artistic view of life, prone to walk off the beaten track somewhat. Very controlled behaviour, with a lack of confidence in most situations. A caring outlook, with a motherly view of life, though very focused in the here and now with little time to dream and fantasise. What is striking, is that amongst this, is a bit of inconsistency, so prone to moods."

The handwriting belongs to......Lord Bargain from The Bargain Basement

Lyrics from "Mr. Brightside" by The Killers

Lord B. thinks he has very girlie handwriting. As lots of you thought that this one might be me, I tend to disagree. Pretty good analysis here too. Prone to moods? a caring outlook? lack of confidence? bing! bing! bing!

Sample 12



Mystic NumNum said: "No time to waste here! Alas inconsistent behaviour shows that this person flits a bit now and then. Keeps their distance, then jumps right in and takes centre stage. No lack of confidence here, though it is sometimes masked as uncertainty. Driven by a need to satisfy material and physical aspects of life, this person is always on the go!"

The handwriting belongs to......Spinsterwitch from Life As I Know It

Lyrics from "Spun" by Flypside

Spin chooses "Spun". I see what you did there! The slight blurring of the picture also reminded me of those blurry ('without lenses') pictures of you that you had on your blog a little while ago....

Sample 13



Mystic NumNum said: "Seems like a clear thinking person, but there are aspects of extreme chaos here. Not sure where they lie, but could be on the personal rather than work side. A spontaneous person, who seems to lack confidence. Living in the here and now, they are able to learn from the past and use that well. Optimistic behaviour, but sometimes lacks pragmatism."

The handwriting belongs to......Adem from The Big Blog

Lyric from "Closer" by the Nine Inch Nails

"Aspects of extreme chaos", eh? Do tell....

Sample 14



Mystic NumNum said: "Hmmm. Lack of performance confidence, but a stong physical and material driven person. Respects authority, but lacks confidence. Clear thinking, caring and holding a bit of hidden aggression. Conventional, but a need to be slightly different. Doesn't experiment, but should do, and if it doesnt go well, should try again and not give up!"

The handwriting belongs to......John from The Ultimate Olympian

Lyric from "Subterranean Homesick Alien" by Radiohead

This was my favourite lyric, and very aptly picked, I thought (and again, a number of people thought this might be me). The analysis seemed pretty good too. Not sure about a couple of points though... conventional? material? hmmm.

Sample 15



Mystic NumNum said: "This person is tired, fatigued. They dream of something, but something is distracting them, and they dont have the energy to progress. There is confidence there, but no ego. Largely living in the here and now, they can think clearly but have a hard time finishing things. A streak of individualism, but conformist too! I suggest a holiday!"

The handwriting belongs to......Mark from Fear & Loafing in England

Lyric from "Miracle Drug" by U2

He picked U2! Did you want a signpost? (spot on analysis though!)

Sample 16



Mystic NumNum said: "This essay was a bit hard to read. This person is very realistic. Very driven, and a bit on the physical/sensual side! There is a strong ego there, and a bit of a fantasy mind. But a lot of inconsistency, which means there may be some confused people around this person. A bit tired, they do finish what they start, sometimes!"

The handwriting belongs to......The Eye In The Sky

Lyrics from "The Song of the Sea Goat" by Peter Sinfield

This was a tricky one as The Eye is blogless... but I did warn you to look out for some prog!

Sample 17



Mystic NumNum said: "Sometimes forward thinking, sometimes not! Very inconsistent in that aspect. Strong healthy liking for the past, but a very healthy confidence. Optimistic, caring, but somewhat conventional. It looks like two people to be honest - or a split personality! One is more grounded than the other, but both have healthy fantasies!"

The handwriting belongs to......Aravis from Exploring Aravis

Lyric from "Life Uncommon" by Jewel

I thought this was a great choice of lyric by Aravis.... very 'Aravis'. Not sure about the analysis though... although definitely optimistic and caring. Was Mystic NumNum near the mark?

Sample 18



Mystic NumNum said: "Last but not least - A very bold statement. Determined, though a bit tired. Childish behaviour somtimes, but largely optimistic. Good levels of confidence here, very much here and now though. Conventional, clear thinking and caring. Very good margins too! Person is good with budgets!"

The handwriting belongs to......Chig from World of Chig

Lyric from "Woman in Love" by Barbra Streisand

I like the little framing around the lyric here. Nice detail. I thought that this one was pretty easy, but apparently a pile of you thought that this one was me. Ok. If you like. But do go and have a look at Chig's blog for details....

The leaderboard?

Yoko ---> 1
Statue John ---> 1 (but some good red herring plantation!)
Aravis ---> 1
Fox ---> 2 (sorry 'bout that... you also sportingly didn't guess yourself)
Jenni ---> 2
Ka ---> 5
Alecya ---> 6
Spin ---> 7
Mark ---> 7
Bee ---> 8
Michael ---> 9

But our winner, with the very respectable score of 11 / 18 is ....

.....Lord Bargain.

As you'll probably have noticed, he had two gos, so I've half a mind to take his first score (7), but I'm feeling generous, so he is hereby declared the winner, and should come forth to claim his prize of naming a post on this blog (in the house style), and a SwissToni compilation CD - made by my own fair hand.

Let's hear it for Lord B.

---

Phewie. That was a bit of an epic journey. Thanks again to all of you for entering and/or guessing, and extra special big thanks to the NumNum for doing such a marvellous job with the analysis. Honestly - go back and have another look it. Didn't he do well?

Next time.... something else..... I've got this great idea........

16 Comments:

  • At 10:06 pm, Blogger LB said…

    Jesus, if I'd known I'd get a CD with a load of Smiths on it I'd have been less conscientious in my sleuthwork. And bear in mind I did actually know four or five of those already, and got a few more by the lyric choices alone.

    Mighty thanks to the Num Num whose analysis made me quite frightened by its accuracy.

    At the risk of sounding psychopantic (ya see what I did, there?) for one I think this has been a great game.

    [sticks chin out in Bruce Forsyth styley]

    and finally we might get some Stock Aitken and Waterman on ST's blog. Huzzah to that....

     
  • At 10:48 pm, Blogger swisslet said…

    sorry foxy - recount on the way.

    and Lord B - I said 'in the house style'... so play nice or your first score it is.

    ST

     
  • At 2:06 am, Blogger HistoryGeek said…

    That was fun, although much more difficult to sleuth out than the bookshelves.

    Thanks to Num Num for the analysis...I'm going to analyze my analysis on my own blog tonight.

    Looking forward to the next!

    P.S. My word tonight is "ihdddxxs"

     
  • At 2:43 am, Blogger Michael said…

    I have the handwriting of an American? I knew our educational system was messed up, but never knew my nationality could be picked out as such.

    I now have my song for my lyrics posted on the blog, if anyone is interested in hearing some depressing music.

    Once again, really enjoyed the analysis and the game.

     
  • At 7:53 am, Blogger Aravis said…

    I really enjoyed this game. Thanks so much to ST and Num Num for all of your hard work, and congratulations to Lord B on his win!

    As for whether or not the analysis of my writing was correct, I'm of two minds... *G*

     
  • At 8:32 am, Blogger Mark said…

    would I have got more if I'd've guessed myself right?

    nltqdmti

     
  • At 9:14 am, Blogger swisslet said…

    Michael - yeah. I really think that you do. Sorry about that. I think Lord B. picked up in it too.

    Mark - I scored you one for yourself actually. I took that question mark as an admission of guilt.

    ST

     
  • At 9:20 am, Blogger The Num Num said…

    A couple of quick points:

    - excellent idea ST, apparently an 'offline' friend of ours told us on Sunday that she really liked the bookshelf competition, though she didn't partake, just browsed it. So you have a fanbase that you don't even see!

    - I didn't read any of the lyrics, just looked at the writing and my text books.

    - The analysis was just route-based, so I did Bee's and mine as though they were just samples. If they are wrong, then its just the way it goes, I'm no expert :)

    - It was good fun to read the results and then go back and read the comments on the originals. A very good mix of offline-online worlds here - bookshelves/handwriting, what next - sofas?

    Finally as an aside - Aravis, how come your handwriting changed mid-sample? It so had me stumped as it suddenly went from one style to another - spooky.

     
  • At 10:57 am, Blogger John McClure said…

    Thanks for the hard work NumNum (and ST). Just for the record, I reckon my analysis was pretty much spot on. I am conventional - the occasional unconventional spasm is merely an attempt to break free from it. And I am material - I was originally a collection of old rags, lovingly sewn together by a puppetmaster in Omsk, before one day metting a small talking insect who helped me become a real boy.

    What next, ST?

    Ransom notes?

    Drawings?

    Paintings?

    Pictures of feet?

    Pets?

     
  • At 1:46 pm, Blogger adem said…

    Cheers for all that ST and Num Num. A truely interactive post. I will enjoy my license to partake in aspects of extreme chaos!!!!

     
  • At 4:14 pm, Blogger Chig said…

    Very entertaining, Mr Toni. Thanks for letting me be a part of it. Before people get too hung up on those 'margins' around my handwriting sample, I should just point out that they're not really margins at all; they're the only way my scanner would scan anything bigger than the text itself, as it seems to ignore all white areas.

    The analysis on mine was polarised; 50% spot on and 50% very wrong indeed, but all good fun...

     
  • At 8:22 pm, Blogger Aravis said…

    num num- then you might be truly frightened to know that I actually have a third (?) way of writing. I say third because I don't see the change in this one. But you would know better than I. :0) What you saw was my writing when I concentrate on writing nicely and legibly. It's also a bit random, because for example I am just as likely to write a capital "F" in block format as cursive. Come to think of it, that's the case with most letters when I go to capitalize them: they're more often block than cursive, though not always. "A" would be a notable exception, and sometimes "I."

    My letters and notes often start out as seen here, but will lapse occasionally into a scrawl as my hand struggles to keep up with the thoughts I'm trying to convey. The more I write, the tighter I hold the pen and clench my hand, so that I occasionally have to stop and shake it out. If you're interested in a more natural sample of my writing, I'd be happy to send it to you. Given that I do often feel that struggle between two selves as mentioned by your texts, though, I thought the analysis was pretty accurate. *G*

     
  • At 9:25 am, Blogger The Num Num said…

    Alas dear Aravis, I cannot take credit for the analysis per se, I merely translated the rules in a book as best as I saw fit. If they were correct, or incorrect, it would be wrong of me to take full credit or blame - I was merely a conduit of someone's hard work at trying to teach fools like me some graphology.

     
  • At 1:55 pm, Blogger Teresa Bowman said…

    "Irritable and cranky"??

    You take that back! YOU TAKE THAT BACK RIGHT AWAY!

    Right, that's it, I'm never talking to you again.

    :)

    PS. I got Fox right. Woohoo!

     
  • At 9:29 pm, Blogger Ali said…

    Wow tone, that was a cool contest. Shame I am such utter plap at these things.

    :) Well done Bargain, good show what what etc.

    ytsoqqv / ohfmp / qnkst / chjkxdcu
    Will it ever let me log in the poxy piece of toss...?

     
  • At 10:48 pm, Blogger The Num Num said…

    Heh, irritable and cranky is what the book said. Mind you, now I come to think of it.... ;-)

    Still, said it before and i'll say it again, it is very nice handwriting indeed imho :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home