52% intelligent. 9% modest. More monkey than bear.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

as I live and breathe, you have killed me

Alright then, here are the nominations for "Blog of the Week":

1) Skinny Legs and All (nominated by Spins)

This page has a dancing badger on it. What more do you need to know? That is also a great story about censorship, the Doors and the Rolling Stones.

2) The Pissed Kitty Cometh (nominated by Alecya)

She's just had a bereavement, so this may not be the best time to be passing any kind of judgement. Still. She does hate people and back fat, so she sounds pretty cool to me.

3) Forksplit (nominated by Ben)

Mike at Troubled Diva has been raving about this blog, so it's probably worth a look (even if I am instinctively suspicious of blogs with lots of readers). Long posts though and I'm feeling kind of tired. Mike's word is good though, so I've blogrolled this and I'll come back when I'm at work or something...

4) Jamshed Velayuda Rajan (nominated by K)

I get the feeling that this is another much read blog: there's a button saying that this won a Bloggeratti award or something and he seems to get a whole pile of comments. Oh, and there's also a counter saying he's had 139,254 hits. Lots. Still, popularity is inevitable if all of this guy's jokes are as good as his joke on neutrons ("for you sir, no charge!"). He has a cricket blog too. Nice. (oh - I've found some more jokes. Man this guy is good!)

5) The Tonya Show (nominated by the Anon-nominator - I'm suspicious, but I'll let that pass...)

Ok - the first bit is blank, so you have to scroll down the page a little to get to the good stuff. No, I don't know why either, although it's something to do with the sidebar. I'd change template, but perhaps that's just me. On the other hand, she is giving out mix tapes as competition prizes, so she can't be all bad, right? (although I suppose that depends what's on the tapes. Any sign of Mick Hucknall and I'm leaving). I do love the picture of the sad looking Christmas tree still in the front room in February.

---

So. If you care, vote for the one you prefer and it will be called blog of the week (although I have to tell you that I'm boring myself now....)

Next week I think I'm just going to pick one. Now I see the attractions of totalitarianism as a political philosophy. It's easier.

---

FRIDGE PICTURES PLEASE PEOPLE. DON'T MAKE ME GRAB MY CAMERA AND COME AND GET THEM MYSELF

(and thanks to all those people who are have already submitted pictures... I'll look to pop them up some time towards the back end of next week, I think).

10 Comments:

  • At 11:48 pm, Blogger Pynchon said…

    I vote 1.

     
  • At 3:59 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm going with #1. You can't go wrong with a badger.

     
  • At 4:00 am, Blogger Jenni said…

    It took me THREE times to get that to post. Apparently, I am not so good at the word verification after a few drinks!

     
  • At 10:36 am, Blogger mike said…

    Thing is, though: Forksplit *doesn't* have many readers. That was one of the exciting things about "discovering" her...

     
  • At 11:45 am, Blogger swisslet said…

    Mike - is that a vote for forksplit then?

    As for the popularity thing, I was kind of going by the volume of subscribers on bloglines actually, but I am definitely going to be making the effort here.... I was just tired and a bit grumpy when I wrote this one.

    St

     
  • At 12:51 pm, Blogger mike said…

    OK, I've looked at all of them now. My vote still goes to Forksplit - I've been reading her archives all week, and I'm completely hooked.

     
  • At 1:09 pm, Blogger Ali said…

    Forksplit.

     
  • At 6:20 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I vote for Skinny Legs and All. Pandas!

     
  • At 3:09 am, Blogger bytheseashore said…

    Ever the unpopular one, I'll go for Pissed Kitty.

     
  • At 5:45 pm, Blogger thephoenixnyc said…

    Hey there Swisstoni and company.

    I just found this, wowza, I am honored. The votes are a nice tip of the hat, but, I would be more happy if you all joined in the fun over on SLAA.

    Cheers,

    M

     

Post a Comment

<< Home