52% intelligent. 9% modest. More monkey than bear.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

I'll take you down the only road I've ever been down

---
Blog of the Week #6 – Wandering Scribe

I think I’ve found a real corker this week.

Well, I say that I found it, but really I stumbled across this one via Lithaborn via Ditch Monkey (where she did a guest post a week or so ago).

Here’s what I know: Wandering Scribe is a homeless girl who lives in a car parked on a lane near some woods somewhere around London. She is intelligent (she studied law at university) and she is articulate but she is also heart-stoppingly vulnerable.

I urge you to go and have a look. I think she writes absolutely beautifully, and she is a voice calling out from a place where people like you and me don’t often hear voices. I think she deserves to be heard.

Do I need to say anything else? Go and discover her for yourselves.

[Previous blogs of the week: Delrico Bandito, I have ordinary addictions, Girl With A One-Track Mind, Ditch Monkey, Skinny Legs and All]

8 Comments:

  • At 8:26 pm, Blogger HistoryGeek said…

    I've just started reading, but it is really beautifully written. I'll definitely be back.

     
  • At 10:43 pm, Blogger Threelight said…

    I'll be adding this one to my list of Regular Reads, right now!

     
  • At 11:27 pm, Blogger Ali said…

    Wow. Reading her blog has made me feel stone cold. I don't know how she is surviving.

    Thans Swiss.

     
  • At 6:57 am, Blogger Flash said…

    oh I'm missing out on so here.

     
  • At 3:51 pm, Blogger Alecya G said…

    Wow. She is amazing. I feel completely ungrateful for who I am now. Wow.

     
  • At 4:25 pm, Blogger Hyde said…

    I agree with all of the above. Thanks for this find!

    -h

     
  • At 5:36 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You're so damn good at finding the very best of the bloggersphere, I salute thee.

     
  • At 7:37 pm, Blogger thephoenixnyc said…

    Thanks for the link man. Great stuff. YOu have a great blog here and I am glad I got turned on to it.

    M

     

Post a Comment

<< Home