52% intelligent. 9% modest. More monkey than bear.

Monday, March 20, 2006

to see if I still feel...

I generally have a will of steel when it comes to exercise: if I have decided that I am going to do some exercise, then come hell or high water I will bloody well go and do some exercise. During the week, I tend to exercise in the evenings after work, so I will put my kit together in the morning, pop it in the car and head to the gym whenever I finish work. I always plan to leave the office at around 6pm so that I can exercise and still get home at a reasonable hour and with plenty of time to cook dinner and to unwind.

That's the plan, anyway.

Usually what happens is that I look at my watch and realise that it has gone 7pm. I still go to they gym, but it just means that I don't get home until 9pm, and I won't be eating until nearly 10pm.

It's my own fault, I know, but it's no wonder I don't get to bed until late.

Anyway. Tonight I was going to go for a swim. I went for a run on Saturday, took Sunday off and I'm going to the osteopath and then to the pub quiz tomorrow.... so tonight I had to exercise.

Do you know what? I couldn't face it. I left work at 8pm and just went home. I felt tired, run down; my arm, shoulder and legs were feeling full of the WTs and to cap it all I think I might have cracked a rib playing football on Thursday (my stupid body is falling apart!). So I just went home.

I can't leave it there though, can I? I'm going to get up early and go for a run before work.

You'd think it wouldn't hurt to have a day off now and again, would you?

6 Comments:

  • At 11:25 pm, Blogger bytheseashore said…

    Tsk. Eating after 10's no good for you [/Gillian]. I struggle with that as swimming's my main form of exercise and adult sessions at the local pool start at 9. Still, only missing the occasional exercise session is pretty impressive.

     
  • At 12:23 am, Blogger adem said…

    I started getting back into doing more exercise [mainly a few more hours of footy a week] but time is always an issue.

    I finish work, and just want to crash out which is a bad thing.

    hmmm.

     
  • At 12:56 am, Blogger HistoryGeek said…

    I have the exact opposite problem. Getting myself to exercise is like pulling teeth these days. I know it's good for me and that I will be happy once I do it, but do I? Rarely!

    I guess it comes from being raised by couch potatoes.

     
  • At 7:26 am, Blogger Stef said…

    ByTheSeaShore is right, it's very bad for your body to eat late at night. Once you're home though...

    Cycling is my main exercise and I just get up bloody early and ride to the woods for a couple of hours before work. It's amazing to be out there when the sun comes up. I had breakfast (sports bar) with a deer last month which was amazing.

     
  • At 7:37 am, Blogger Aravis said…

    I get that. I work out every day, alternating what I do. Every once in a great while, I can't because my knees are bothering me or something, so I take the day off. And I feel guilty for it! Silly. But every day I have to take off from exercise I resent it. The real danger in my case is that I'll lose momentum and stop altogether. As long as I'm in the habit, it's great and I love it. But lose motivation and I'm done for months until I feel driven to it once more.

    So I don't skip either unless I have to, and I hate it when it happens. Long-winded enough for you? Sorry! *G*

     
  • At 6:14 pm, Blogger Alecya G said…

    *frowns*

    You're going to run yourself into the ground, Swiss. You need to take care of yourself.

    I can feel myself working into "mother mode" so I'll leave it at that. Take care of yourself. Please. Go easy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home