52% intelligent. 9% modest. More monkey than bear.

Saturday, March 11, 2006

this monkey's gone to heaven...

AngrySeaHorse (a.k.a. Adem and Phil) have been busy beavering away on a design for my header. I am turning out to be an incredibly fussy customer, but they've come up with a couple of designs that I quite like, and I was wondering what you thought:

Design 1:



This one's quite clean, and I love the monkey motif. It fits pretty well with my current template too. I'd probably only have the "Ou est le singe?" bit of the tag-line (the logo supplying the punchline), but otherwise it's good.

Design 2:



This one's a bit more mysterious. The monkey is an almost threatening figure clinging to the side of the tree. I like it.

----

I think I'd happily use either one of these, but I'm kind of curious to know what you guys think. Which do you prefer and why? Which one do you reckon I should use?

***update***

ok - done. Let's try this one on for size for a while and see how we go. Thanks to AngrySeaHorse -- it's a definite improvement.

9 Comments:

  • At 1:05 pm, Blogger Sarah said…

    The first one. I like clean lines and simplicity.

    ...though the palm tree does bring to mind a cocktail lounge - mojito anyone?

     
  • At 2:15 pm, Blogger Crucifer said…

    I'm going for no. 2.

    It does look a bit more mysterious and, after squinting in the bottom left, I liked the 52% intelligent, 9% modest...

     
  • At 2:28 pm, Blogger adem said…

    Phil and I are happy that you've been picky with the designs as the whole idea of doing these freebie designs is to try and whittle the whole process down to something manageable, and you in your role have shown how we should deal with a 'picky customer' i.e. you!!!

    Only joking but it's good to get feedback as what's the point if you are a 'yes man' and agree to everything.

    Laters

     
  • At 2:30 pm, Blogger Alecya G said…

    I'm with sarah. First one. It suits you. Other one is too busy.

     
  • At 2:57 pm, Blogger Robin said…

    ...And now I have to watch Eddie Izzard tonight.

    I vote No. 1 - clean lines and all that.

     
  • At 3:21 pm, Blogger Jenni said…

    I like the first one as well...I think the text doesn't stand out enough in the second.

     
  • At 7:20 am, Blogger Aravis said…

    It looks great! Terrific job, adem and Phil! :0)

     
  • At 2:49 pm, Blogger Ali said…

    The first one is clearly the best.

    I agree re. the cocktail lounge. Mine's a Brandy Alexander.

     
  • At 7:10 pm, Blogger Mark said…

    monkey. monkey rocks. always monkey.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home