52% intelligent. 9% modest. More monkey than bear.

Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Packing, packing, packing

It's fantastically exciting that I am off to Athens tomorrow night, but I hate the packing involved. Sure, it's basically pretty easy right? There are some things that I must take:
- event tickets
- flight tickets
- passport
- camera (& charger)
- airport car parking details

and some things I would be well advised to take with me:
- big brimmed hat
- sunglasses
- sun block (it's upwards of thirty degrees)
- washing stuff
- contact lense stuff
- etc.

and the rest I can pretty much get out there....

but that's not how it works is it? I'm currently wrestling with:
- the number of t-shirts to take
- the contents of my wash bag
- my roberts radio
- the contents of my cd wallet for the car
- the fit of my glasses (no really - I know this is the first time I have mentioned it here, but this is something that obsesses me on a regular basis... it's a nightmare and I have substantial obsessive-compulsive tendencies. I may yet pop in to see Merv in Vision Express before I leave. The man's a legend.)

and so on, and so forth.

The good news is that tomorrow is when I leave, and all the worrying (about the packing anyway) can stop. The bad news is that I have until about 3pm to be thinking about it).

Got some tickets for the swimming today. This means that my first day will consist of:
1) Land at 4am
2) go to swimming pool to watch some heats
3) go to the old olympic stadium to watch some archery
4) go to tennis

I suspect that with that and the overnight flight, I will be well tired come Thursday night. But as this guy says - it's the olympics! Ready on time, and looking pretty damn good.

I'll try and update when I'm out there, but we'll see, eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home