52% intelligent. 9% modest. More monkey than bear.

Monday, October 25, 2004

...they say jump / you say "how high?"

I've been listening to my ipod on shuffle this afternoon:

The Streets - let's push things forwards
David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust
Tom Petty - Runnin' Down a Dream
James - laid
R.E.M. - Daysleeper
Embrace - ashes
White Stripes - I just don't know what to do with myself
The Beatles - Because
Johnny Cash - Spiritual
Rage Against The Machine - Take the Power Back
Belle & Sebastian - Judy & the Dream of Horses
Beastie Boys - Body Movin'
Sheryl Crowe - Hard to Make a Stand (hmm)
The Who - Let's See Action
Daft Punk - Something About Us
Billy Joel - Miami 2017 (See the Lights Go Out on Broadway)
Billy Bragg - The Man In the Iron Mask
Hurricane #1 - Only The Strongest Will Survive
Inspiral Carpets - Find Out Why
Ian Dury & The Blockheads - There Ain't Half Been Some Clever Bastards
Pet Shop Boys - What Have I Done to Deserve This?

Not bad - in fact downright inspiring. Out of 3455 tracks, that's not bad.

I quite like the musical roulette of knowing that a duff album track or one of the CDs that C. ripped could only be minutes away (livin' the vida loca would put a downer on my day and no mistake). On the other hand, I could be only one song away from a Neil Young classic.

---

Speaking of Rage Against The Machine, I read something really funny the other day saying how Rage were...er... raging in the mid-90s when US politics was especially bland. Now we have some real issues to chew over, RATM are no more (I can just see then getting stuck into Dubbya, can't you?)

Rage Against the Machine - where are you in our darkest hour?

3 Comments:

  • At 8:45 am, Blogger Damo said…

    Perhaps, but RATM were never about the easy targets and they had as little in common with Clinton as they did with Bush.

    Interestingly, if you see the video again for 'Sleep Now In The Fire', you might recognise someone in it that you didn't know at the time, directing the video and doing his best not to get arrested in the process...

     
  • At 9:05 am, Blogger Teresa Bowman said…

    I've had Weezer's Green album in my CD player for the last 3 or 4 days because I keep forgetting to change it. It's a great album, but I'd better listen to something else tomorrow before I get "Final Straw" Syndrome ...

     
  • At 12:16 pm, Blogger LB said…

    Miami 2017 is a fantastic record. Covered by Richard Marx on the "Paid Vacation" album, incidentally. And "What Have I Done To Deserve This?" is genius

     

Post a Comment

<< Home