52% intelligent. 9% modest. More monkey than bear.

Friday, October 15, 2004

It's got a CD player (player, player, player...)

I happened to switch on the tv this evening and caught 30 minutes or so of the remake of Battlestar Galactica. You may have some questions at this point, so here are some quick answers.

- Yes they did.
- Yes. They really, really did.
- No, I don't know why.

Ok. We're all up to speed.

Anyway. My memories of this rather crap 80s series are mainly focused on a couple of key things:

1. Dirk Benedict was in it.
2. The weird robot dog thing
3. They travelled for a long time & never seemed to arrive
4. The scary guy who helped the cylons
5. Dirk Benedict was in it

Well. The key thing I learned about the remake was that Starbuck has changed sex. Is nothing sacred?


Apollo & Starbuck & "Apollo" and "Starbuck"

I guess no homoerotic undertones in the new one then, huh?

(And open question - was "Battlestar" (original) better than "Buck Rogers"?? Think carefully of Col. Wilma Deering before answering) Posted by Hello

4 Comments:

  • At 12:59 pm, Blogger LB said…

    I dont remember the original so cant really comment. I think I am getting it mixed up with Space 1999.

    I have been fortunate to be party to a preview of the first episode of the new series of Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons which is coming out in early 2005. I was invited to invest in Gerry Anderson Productions which is making the series actually, lots of CGI type things and not many puppets on strings. looks good, though.

     
  • At 1:20 pm, Blogger John McClure said…

    Did Buck Rogers have Dirk Benedict in it?

    No?

    And we're still discussing it?

     
  • At 3:50 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ther simple fact of the matter is that Rogers easily surpassed Galactica. Allow me to elucidate:

    1.) It DIDN'T have Face in it
    2.) It had a weird robot that shouted "Bidibidibidip"
    3.) Its eponymous hero was called 'Buck' - the avant garde of sexual TV I think you'll agree - would Eurotrash ever have been commissioned without this breakthrough? Just think about that for a second.

    Of course, I could have put my money where my mouth is and actually registered this comment, but it just seemed like too much effort.

    Like John Connor in T3, I'm off the grid.

     
  • At 9:29 am, Blogger Soaring said…

    A young me quite enjoyed both Buck Rodgers and Battlestar Galactica, especially since I hadn't pubesced enough to discern that any of the characters in it weren't actually worth fancying. So as my adult self does not fancy any of them, I can't really form an opinion.

    But the modern Battlestar Galactica is no different - I don't fancy anyone in it at all. Therefore, I didn't enjoy it as much as I could have... oh dear.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home