52% intelligent. 9% modest. More monkey than bear.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

listen you will see, coming on in to me

Have you ever chosen to listen to some music almost at random, and have it turn out to be pretty much perfect for your mood?

That's exactly what's just happened to me. As I sat down to a dull but necessary piece of work that I have been putting off all day, I clicked my iPod onto "The Three EPs" by the Beta Band and started to knuckle down. Those mellow beats and mumbled vocals have hit the sweet spot and progress has been good.

Mind you, before I put the Beta Band on, I had a listen to the Band Aid 20 single, and I thought that was sounding pretty good as well.

Perhaps I'm just in an odd mood.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:43 pm, Blogger Jenni said…

    I have had that happen. Although sometimes I wonder if the music matches the mood I am in, or if my mood changes to match the music...

     
  • At 10:13 am, Blogger Statue John said…

    No oddness about listening to the three EPs - it's fantastic. The Beta Band are sorely missed. Beta Band - if you're reading this then please consider reforming :)

    SJ

     
  • At 11:23 am, Blogger Teresa Bowman said…

    No, don't!

    (Sorry but I always thought the Beta Band were dreadful.)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home