52% intelligent. 9% modest. More monkey than bear.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

running through my head, running though my head

Alecya and Spins have now displayed theirs, so having been the one who laid down the challenge in the first place, it would be rude not to get mine out. I know I've been displaying rather a lot of myself around here lately, but a promise is a promise after all.



It's on my upper right arm (there's a wider shot of it here, and you can see it in situ here).

I had it done at a cool tattoo studio in Amsterdam when we were over there for Lord B's 30th Birthday a couple of years ago. C. knew it from when she was working over there, so once I'd decided to get one done, I waited until our next chance to go over and get it done. I knew roughly what I wanted to get done, but didn't have a specific design in mind. I flipped through their flash until I found this one, which I really liked. It didn't hurt much to get it done, and I had a good time chatting with the guys in there. It was an enormously positive experience, and I'd recommend it to anyone. I felt different from the moment the tattoo was complete. Not massively, but I definitely felt a little different, and I still do now.

I still haven't told my mum yet though. 31 years old and I hide it from my parents!

I'd have another one done too - a bear paw print - but I'm not sure where I'd have it done yet, and I'm not convinced I want it on the opposite arm. There's no rush though, and if I decide, I'll get it done the next time I'm in Amsterdam.

11 Comments:

  • At 10:13 pm, Blogger Michael said…

    I got my tattoo as a birthday present to myself when I turned... 24 I think. Not sure anymore, as its been several years. So glad I did too. Had my design (a sun) picked out since I was 19 too, so that wasn't the issue. Had to interview every friend of mine with tats as to where they went...

    I definately want to get another, and I'm thinking a dragon (I was born in the year of the dragon). Just gotta make sure I keep it in an area where it will be easily covered with clothes. I'll be stuck in a professional job one day.

     
  • At 5:05 am, Blogger -L said…

    Nice one, ST. I like yours heaps, and usually I am not really a fan of tatoos.

    Why a bear paw?!

    Do you think getting tatoos becomes addictive?

     
  • At 6:32 am, Blogger HistoryGeek said…

    Cool! HippyChick and BeeDragon are fond of getting their tattoos in Amsterdam, too. Never been, but if I do, I'll have to get a tattoo.

     
  • At 8:48 am, Blogger swisslet said…

    addictive? not sure. I'd get another one, but I'm not driven to get another one. I've heard that if you get your whole body tattooed, you always feel cold. Not sure if that's true or not, but it doesn't sound much like fun to me. I'm with Michael too - whatever I get has to be relatively easy to cover as I work in an office (and obviously so I can hide it from my parents!)

    Why a bear paw? it's one of my nicknames.

    ST

     
  • At 10:56 am, Blogger adem said…

    Get a spiderweb on your face!! fantastic!!

     
  • At 1:25 pm, Blogger Erika said…

    You just wanted to post another picture of you in lycra, didn't you. Shameless flirt!

    Awesome tattoo. I'm too chicken, period. I went the body piercing route instead when I found the need for corporeal self-expression.

     
  • At 4:39 pm, Blogger John McClure said…

    If you rotate it 90 degrees anti-clockwise (or your head 90 degrees clockwise) it sort of looks like a chameleon trying to shag Zorro's calling card.

     
  • At 8:28 pm, Blogger swisslet said…

    just "bear".

     
  • At 11:13 pm, Blogger Ali said…

    Does that say 'NG' or is it me?


    The word verifications are starting to make whole words. Saduoby!

     
  • At 11:38 pm, Blogger Ginny said…

    It's a nice design. I've been debating if I should get another one... perhaps of goldfish, but I'm not sure yet.

     
  • At 2:18 pm, Blogger LB said…

    I like it. And I don't honestly like tattoos either.

    (it does look like an "n" and a "g", now Yoko mentions it. You could start a new trend: "Funky Postcode Tattoos!" - have your post/zip code tattooed in a funky style and never move house again....)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home