52% intelligent. 9% modest. More monkey than bear.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

it's only words...

---
Call me self-obsessed, but I saw this over at Michael's blog and I wondered what you lot would say about me.... it's a site that let's you create your own Johari Window.

As wikipedia says:

"A Johari window is a metaphorical tool intended to help people better understand their interpersonal communication and relationships....Terms selected only by the participant, but not by any of their peers, are placed into the Façade quadrant, representing information about the participant of which their peers are unaware. It is then up to the participant whether or not to disclose this information.

Terms that are not selected by the participant but only by their peers are placed into the Blind Spot quadrant. These represent information of which the participant is not aware, but others are, and they can decide whether and how to inform the individual about these "blind spots".

Terms which were not selected by either the participant or their peers remain in the Unknown quadrant, representing the participant's behaviors or motives which were not recognized by anyone participating. This may be because they do not apply, or because there is collective ignorance of the existence of that trait."

I thought it might be an interesting exercise to see what you guys have made of me from what I write here. All you have to do is to look at the list of words, and choose the words that you reckon describe me best ("smartarse" sadly isn't there)

Click here and let me have it.

I'd be more than happy to reciprocate too, if you choose to set one up.

I just thought it might be interesting, is all.

----

My insurance cheque just came through, so to celebrate the fact that I have finally been able to order my replacement iPod..... the iTunes game (also stolen from Michael):

How many songs: 5, 919

Sort by song
First song: '84 Pontiac Dream - Boards of Canada
Last song: Zongamin - Soulwax (from '2 Many DJs')

Sort by artist
First artist: The Fifth Dimension ('up, up & away')
Last artist: ZZ Top ('sharp dressed man')

Sort by time
Shortest song: We're a couple - Tim & Daisy from the Spaced soundtrack (0.0.04)
Longest song: Live in Rekjavik Sept 2005 - Sigur Ros (2.12.59)

Sort by album
First album: "Heroes" - David Bowie
Last Album: Youth & Young Manhood - The Kings of Leon

Top Three Most Played Songs
1. Speed of Sound - Coldplay (41)
2. I Predict A Riot - Kaiser Chiefs (31)
3. Dakota - Stereophonics (28)

Song That First Comes Up On Shuffle
The Circus is Leaving Town - Isobel Campbell & Mark Lanegan

Search . . .
by "sex," how many songs come up? 43
by "death," how many songs come up? 31
by "love," how many songs come up? 226
by "you," how many songs come up? 47


Hell. Shall we just go the whole hog and do the first 10 songs on shuffle whilst we're here?

1. All Day And All Of The Night - The Kinks
2. Idiot Brother - The Auteurs
3. Movies of Myself - Rufus Wainwright
4. Fairfax Scene - The Boo Radleys
5. Nothing Natural - Lush
6. God Save The Queen - The Sex Pistols
7. Temptation - New Order
8. Natasha - Rufus Wainwright
9. Ask - The Smiths
10. Black Dollar Bills - Hope of the States

yay! Soon I shall be back in the land of the iPod. It's been too long....

you know you want to...

----

Entered the fridge competition yet? Just askin'.....

5 Comments:

  • At 10:36 pm, Blogger HistoryGeek said…

    The best part about being the first one to respond to this post is that when I viewed the responses 100% of people agreed with me!

     
  • At 11:37 pm, Blogger Ben said…

    Enjoyed doing the Johari window thing - might have to nick that. I take it you'll put the outcome on your blog?

    On another note, thanks for directing me to Wandering Scribe. To return the favour, may I suggest This Blog Will Change Your Life for your Blog Of The Week this / next week? There's a link to it in my Blogwatch post. Of course, I can't exactly take credit for discovering it myself, but...

     
  • At 10:42 am, Blogger adem said…

    "57% of people agree that swisstoni is intelligent"

    so 'smartarse' is in there then!

     
  • At 2:12 pm, Blogger John McClure said…

    Terms which were not selected by either the participant or their peers remain in the Unknown quadrant...

    Does Donald Rumsfeld have anything to do with this?

     
  • At 11:30 pm, Blogger Pynchon said…

    Nicked the Johari thing, of course...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home