52% intelligent. 9% modest. More monkey than bear.

Monday, February 27, 2006

there's got to be a reason and we know the reason why

---
So I guess the results are in:

Arena

(known to self and others)

dependable, intelligent, introverted, knowledgeable, logical, self-conscious

Blind Spot

(known only to others)

able, adaptable, brave, calm, caring, cheerful, clever, complex, confident, dignified, energetic, extroverted, friendly, giving, helpful, independent, ingenious, kind, loving, mature, modest, observant, organised, quiet, reflective, relaxed, responsive, searching, shy, spontaneous, sympathetic, trustworthy, warm, wise, witty

Façade

(known only to self)

Unknown

(known to nobody)

accepting, bold, happy, idealistic, nervous, patient, powerful, proud, religious, self-assertive, sensible, sentimental, silly, tense

Dominant Traits

52% of people agree that swisstoni is intelligent

All Percentages

able (4%) accepting (0%) adaptable (9%) bold (0%) brave (4%) calm (9%) caring (23%) cheerful (4%) clever (14%) complex (14%) confident (14%) dependable (14%) dignified (4%) energetic (19%) extroverted (14%) friendly (33%) giving (4%) happy (0%) helpful (9%) idealistic (0%) independent (4%) ingenious (9%) intelligent (52%) introverted (23%) kind (19%) knowledgeable (9%) logical (19%) loving (4%) mature (4%) modest (9%) nervous (0%) observant (23%) organised (14%) patient (0%) powerful (0%) proud (0%) quiet (4%) reflective (28%) relaxed (4%) religious (0%) responsive (9%) searching (9%) self-assertive (0%) self-conscious (14%) sensible (0%) sentimental (0%) shy (4%) silly (0%) spontaneous (4%) sympathetic (4%) tense (0%) trustworthy (38%) warm (14%) wise (4%) witty (38%)

Created by the Interactive Johari Window on 27.2.2006, using data from 21 respondents.
You can make your own Johari Window, or view swisstoni's full data.


Interesting.

I particularly enjoyed seeing who had scored me what, and trying to second-guess why they had done so..... I reckon Ben thinks I'm dependable because I'm pretty regular with my contribution for The Art of Noise A-Z, and Pynchon thinks I'm giving because of the CD I sent him the other day.... and so on.

So the top 5 were:

Intelligent
Trustworthy
Friendly
Witty
Reflective

Of those, I only picked one as my own choice (although if I'd thought a bit harder about the words that I selected, then I think I would have picked "reflective" as well).

For a bunch of people who (mostly) haven't met me, I think you did pretty well.

Good game, good game.

Only 9% modest though? 4% brave? 0% patient? ARE YOU MAD?

---

I'm going to do the fridges on Wednesday, I think... so if you want to have a vote, then you'd better pull your finger out.

11 Comments:

  • At 11:59 pm, Blogger adem said…

    Good work Mr. ST

     
  • At 12:23 am, Blogger Ben said…

    Yes, very interesting. I think I probably did choose "dependable" because of the A-Z feature (you having just promised you'd see it through to the bitter end!), but also because you're a dependable blogger, regularly putting up new and very readable content. I think I also picked "shy", which almost no-one else seems to have - the reason being that I remember you saying as much in one of your posts. I probably wouldn't have chosen it had you not mentioned it before.

    Thanks for your comments re that review response, BTW!

     
  • At 8:34 am, Blogger swisslet said…

    I am shy, actually.

    The one that interests me is the 14% extroverted / 23% introverted.... I suppose a blog is a way that a naturally very introverted person can appear extroverted, right? It's my theory that keeping a blog is a pretty introverted thing to do

    ST

    (Ben - I'm now on tenterhooks for my first slagging, ideally in txt spk... I'm also going to write you an "L is for.... Lionel Richie" when I get a minute at work)

     
  • At 10:18 am, Blogger John McClure said…

    Reflective?

    I've never thought of you as being particularly shiny.

     
  • At 2:19 pm, Blogger Alecya G said…

    I'll avoid a joke about you being reflective, Swiss.

    I liked this thing. It was interesting to see what everyone else put. And what you put.

    I don't know about brave, but I definatly think modest is a good word for you. Intelligent is very good, though. You're a smart cookie, ST.

     
  • At 4:27 pm, Blogger HistoryGeek said…

    What I didn't like about the johari window thing is that you could only pick 5 words. So you couldn't put down all the qualities you see, just the 5 you know the best.

     
  • At 4:51 pm, Blogger Aravis said…

    I agree with Spin; it was difficult for me to narrow down the choices. I believe I put you down as an extrovert because you reach out to others through your blog and theirs. You actively seek people out. I know I'm more of an extrovert online though than I am in real life. I, too, am shy when I turn off my computer and face the world. *G*

     
  • At 5:11 pm, Blogger swisslet said…

    what you see is what you get foxy.

    lycra then, mainly.

    ST

     
  • At 6:42 pm, Blogger John McClure said…

    Is there a fortune to be made inventing a negative version of the window? Lots of nasty words to help assholes becom more self-aware?

    I'm not doing one until they have that option.

     
  • At 7:03 pm, Blogger swisslet said…

    john - yes, it's called a "nohari" and you can set one up on the same site.

    Build it, and we will come.

    ST

     
  • At 10:06 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I agree that Swisstoni is intelligent.
    I however, have nothing intelligent to say.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home