52% intelligent. 9% modest. More monkey than bear.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

and in my sleep I dreamt that you found me


It's 11pm and I'm knackered.

On Monday I stayed up until the snooker finished at 1am (Leah - for all you ever needed to know about snooker, looky here! It's not that I'm especially snooker loopy, but I was rather gripped by this)

On Tuesday I watched the first couple of episodes in the "Lost" second season, only to get to the end and have the announcer on Channel 4 say that I could get a preview airing of the third episode if I switched over to E4. I only meant to watch the first 5 minutes and then go to bed.... but obviously I ended up watching it all and then going to bed after 1am again. What's a guy to do, eh brother? (and is it just me, or is that the worst Scottish accent on TV outside of Willie in the Simpsons?)

On Wednesday I made the elementary mistake of suggesting it might be a good idea if we went for a quick drink after the concert. I ended up going to bed after 2am.

Unsurprisingly I'm a little tired.

Against all the odds, I have managed to be both reasonably productive at work today AND manage to play my way through a 90 minute game of 11-a-side football.

It's not that I usually go to bed early or anything, because I don't. I usually creep into bed at some point around midnight, and rely upon a bit of a lie-in at the weekend to catch up. Three late nights in a row (all of them schoolnights) has really knocked the stuffing out of me. I hate to say it, but I think perhaps I'm getting too old for this....

If you'll excuse me, I'm thinking I might go and hit the sack. I was idly thinking I might read a few pages of my book before zonking out though.... but is this really the time to be reading Dan Brown? I'm still stuck on page 50....

Oh dammit. It's now 23:30 and I'm still bloody well here.

Curses.

Right. That's it. Bedwards.

11 Comments:

  • At 12:25 am, Blogger HistoryGeek said…

    Sleep well! I've only been getting about 7 hours a night, and I feel like I'm dragging.

     
  • At 7:58 am, Blogger Stef said…

    I've kind of had an opposite week, I've been in bed by 10:30 every night. What's worse, I'm still knackered!

    E4 seem to be showing Lost in the evenings, I caught up last night around 7pm.

     
  • At 2:03 pm, Blogger Monsieur Hannard said…

    I know the exact feeling.

    *just one more chapter and I'll lie in at the weekend to compensate...*

    (cue kids bouncing on me at 7am on Saturday morning)

     
  • At 5:01 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    well actually the Scottish fellow in Lost (Desmond) is Scottish: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Ian_Cusick

     
  • At 5:02 pm, Blogger Hyde said…

    I recommend Red Bull-- lots and lots of it. It keeps me going on just 3-5 hours a night.

     
  • At 5:05 pm, Blogger swisslet said…

    scottish he may be... it's still a terrible accent if you ask me!

    Sean Connery is Scottish, and it has to be said that his accent is a bit surreal as well. And Willie might really be scottish too, for all we know!

    ST

     
  • At 6:25 pm, Blogger -L said…

    Thanks for the snooker info!

    That's such a funny word. Snooker. I like it. :)

     
  • At 6:31 pm, Blogger adem said…

    My weeks been like that too. I just find myself staying up till 2am and then getting up at 8am.

    It's the weekend now so time for some partying!!!!!

     
  • At 6:32 pm, Blogger Me said…

    At risk of being the ultimate dweeb, Willie is played by Dan Castellaneta, who also voices Homer. He's from Illnois.

     
  • At 11:45 pm, Blogger swisslet said…

    Mike - you mean he's not real?

    ST

     
  • At 10:00 am, Blogger Me said…

    Sorry to have to break it to you.

    Have you given up on Da Vinci yet? I read it all. It's silly. All the kids at school are reading it and they think it's good literature. Still, at least they're reading something, I suppose.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home