52% intelligent. 9% modest. More monkey than bear.

Sunday, June 18, 2006

My heart will be blessed with the sound of music...

Twenty-seven people are in for the Shuffleathon so far.... and there's still just about time to add a few more if there are any stragglers.

I'll be doing the draw on Saturday this week, but remember that the idea is that you should try and get your CD made before you know who you have got. You should look into your heart and into your soul and pluck out the 12 tracks that you feel the most passionate about, the songs that you identify with the most. Your CD could be made up of tracks by 12 different artists, or it could be entirely composed by a single artist (.... which means that some poor sod will be getting "Hopes & Fears" then....) It's up to you, although I think mine will be all different artists.

Once I have made the draw, I will email each of you with the address where you should send your CD ---- so if bedshaped, Flash, Mark, Graham & Alecya could send me their addresses, that would be grand (if I had them before, I'm afraid I've lost them!).

Then you send out the CD and sit back and wait for the review to come in.

Should be fun.....

*shuffleathon orginally devised by the delightful Yoko. God love her.

11 Comments:

  • At 8:27 pm, Blogger HistoryGeek said…

    ST - if they don't get back to you, I do have Flash & Alecya's addresses. Just let me know. Although, perhaps someone should determine if Flash is actually alive beforehand.

     
  • At 1:49 am, Blogger LB said…

    i had a text from Flash on Thursday, so he was alive then.

    my Cd might have had a mixture of "Hopes and Fears" and "Under The Iron Sea", actually. Now I might just not play at all.

    *takes umbrage*

     
  • At 2:28 am, Blogger Del said…

    Very excited, even at the prospect of a Keane 'Best Of'...

     
  • At 3:31 am, Blogger Michael said…

    I've been trying to figure out what songs to put on this disc forever. picking just 12 is such an evil task...

    i can do it though...

    i can do it...

     
  • At 10:18 am, Blogger Sarah said…

    I've got 68 so far.
    Anyone fancy a dvd?

     
  • At 12:16 pm, Blogger Statue John said…

    *puts hand up*

    Can i play Miss?

    (hope you have my address already)

    SJ

     
  • At 1:21 pm, Blogger Statue John said…

    First scoot through the ole music collection and i am left with 46 songs. Does anyone fancy swapping a box set?

     
  • At 1:38 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    SJ mate
    I'll just take a copy of whatever you're cooking up if you don't mind eventhough I'm not playing (lets face it, I'd NEVER choose those songs...let alone burn, them, pop them in an envelope..waltk to the post office...phew, i need a sit down and a cup of tea just thinking abt it!)

    Sorry abt using your place as some kind of bulliten board...most rude...how's it going? Seen X3? Am now looking fwd to Superman (and not to Ghost Rider), tho i spect another oldie could be the surprise package this summer....

    anyone up for rolling up their jacket sleeves to some Miami Vice?

    Des

     
  • At 5:30 pm, Blogger adem said…

    Phew, just finished my CD compilation, and it was hard work having to sacrifice so many tracks.

    Done now though.

     
  • At 6:23 pm, Blogger HistoryGeek said…

    I finished mine too!

     
  • At 9:13 pm, Blogger Charlie said…

    I'm gonna do mine tonight. There's a good chance it'll be ten discs long.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home