52% intelligent. 9% modest. More monkey than bear.

Thursday, December 20, 2007

from now on, our troubles will be out of sight..

I really enjoy this time of year.

I know that it's not everybody's cup of tea, but I like it. There's just something in the air that makes people seem warmer and more full of generosity towards their fellow man.

Whether it's down to all the parties, the present giving, a bit of time off work, or because we're all particularly looking forward to watching the Doctor Who Christmas Special with our families, I don't know.... probably a combination of all those things and more. What I do know is that people just seem a little nice towards one another at the moment as we all anticipate the shared festival that's just around the corner.

I like that. It certainly makes a nice change, anyway.

I was out in town last night having a very pleasant meal with some dear friends, and in the cold of a dark December night, it seemed to me that everyone seemed full of cheer... some more full than others, it's true.... but it was nice.

Of course, not everyone is having a great time and there's still plenty enough pain and hurt in the world to go around. With that in mind, I've got a Christmas present for you all: in the name of everyone who reads this blog, I have donated £50 to Shelter, the homeless charity.



I hope that's alright with everyone.

Merry Christmas.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 11:26 am, Blogger Lisa Rullsenberg said…

    I did some Oxfam Unwrapped purchasing instead of Christmas cards. I think its nice to do something like this. Good for you: and on behalf, thanks for 'our' gift.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home