52% intelligent. 9% modest. More monkey than bear.

Friday, October 01, 2004

"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought"

Great link brought to my attention by Mac today.

You might be familiar with my views on the way that George Lucas has been raping my childhood by tinkering with the Holy Trilogy in insidious ways.... (and if not, see here)

Turns out other people think this way:

"I am very concerned about our national heritage, and I am very concerned that the films that I watched when I was young and that the films I watched throughout my life are preserved, so that my children can see them" George Lucas, speaking against the colourisation of black and white film. (oh, the irony!)

Sign the petition to ask Lucas to release the original theatrical versions of the star wars trilogy at originaltrilogy.com

And if there are any kids reading this.... Greedo didn't draw first - Han shot him under the table!

OK. I'm sounding like a fanboy again.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:27 pm, Blogger John McClure said…

    I thought you just cleaned your glasses a lot - I didn't know you were developing a mania. Are the lenses really scratched, or do you just think they are?

    If the lens got scratched in the wood, but there was no one there to polish it, would it make the Pope shit there?

     
  • At 12:38 pm, Blogger Damo said…

    Of the originals, I've only ever seen Episode 4 (i.e. A New Hope), and that was when it was redone. At the risk of getting lynched, why does it matter so much?

    Of the 'new' ones, I've only seen Episode 1. I vowed immediately thereafter to give 2 and 3 a miss!

     
  • At 3:32 pm, Blogger swisslet said…

    Oh man - are you even aware of Luke's parentage?

    I have a friend who proudly announced one night whilst on a course that she was watching the classic trilogy for the first time, had watched 'Star Wars' and was looking forward to working her way through the other two. This immediately led to a discussion on the revelation in ESB... of which apparently this girl - Let's call her Kate, because that was her name - was completely oblivious.
    "NO! THAT'S NOT TRUE! THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!" (oh hang on, isn't that what Luke said?)

    Is it really possible to grow up in this country and *not* know that? Did you just think that bit in Toy Story II ("Buzz... I am your father") was just a weird story twist? Do you get the Simpsons at all?

    Surely one of the only good things about Episode I is the fact that we know what happens to this (insufferable, obnoxious, odious) little kid?

    Uh oh. Fan boy again.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home