52% intelligent. 9% modest. More monkey than bear.

Monday, August 08, 2005

And who knows which is which and who is who

I see that Tony Blair has announced a whole pile of new proposals to rid this country of extremists. I'm glad I'm one of 'Us' and not one of 'Them'. It sounds like 'They' are in for a whole world of trouble and that 'Their' easy ride is over as 'We' fight back. I hear that 'We' may even be amending the bill of Human Rights to allow 'Us' to deport 'Them' back to countries where 'They' may face imprisonment, torture or death.

I hope that 'We' are able to confidently and accurately identify who 'They' are, otherwise this whole plan is a nonsense, isn't it?

'We' can do that, can't 'We'?

4 Comments:

  • At 8:56 am, Blogger Robin said…

    We (no parentheses) are in very real danger of being dragged along for a ride we don't want to take.

    "We" didn't elect Tony Blair so he could turn into Thomas de Torquemada.

    In fact, 75% of us didn't elect Tony Blair, so how he can believe he speaks for the people is beyond me.

     
  • At 12:31 pm, Blogger izchan said…

    if dear toni does what he says he is going to do, I think Australia might need suddenly see a lot of less people visiting.

    Is he going KKK?

    I hate to see where this is going.

    Hate crime is going to sky rocket because of idiots like him.

     
  • At 4:39 pm, Blogger LB said…

    I think I am definitely one of Us, and am sure I am not one of Them.

    That's a relief, I should probably get away with just the odd "stop and search" and being trailed 24/7 by GPRS satellites in my car, rather than deportation to almost certain death.

    phew.

     
  • At 7:22 pm, Blogger red one said…

    I instinctively feel like one of Them as soon as I hear Blair starting on.

    Actually, I've never been good at official Us-ness.

    Perhaps I've always been a Them.

    I feel like Us when I'm on a demo, in the park, with my mates or for that matter in blogworld. Although I've a feeling that my kind of Us is probably still Blair's kind of Them.

    red

     

Post a Comment

<< Home