52% intelligent. 9% modest. More monkey than bear.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

in her frock coat and bipperty-bopperty hat...

I've cheered up considerably.

It's amazing how restorative the simple things can be. In this case, balance was found with a little help from:

Ah..... bisto.

---

I still can't think of my 5 favourite records of the last 10 years though, nevermind come up with a list of 5 that will go down as the "great" records of the same period. Every time I think of a song I really like (say "Common People" or "Sparky's Dream" to pick a couple nominated by Lord B and Damo respectively), I think of other songs by the same artist that I like more (in this case, "Underwear" and "Ain't That Enough").

Who came up with this stupid idea anyway?

I like "Hey Ya!" though, so I'm sticking that in my classics list. I'll mull on this whilst I'm stuck in the tube on Thursday

---

There have been lots of songs written that namecheck the days of the week. Some do it better than others, but this is my absolute favourite, bar none:

"Monday - humiliation
Tuesday - suffocation
Wednesday - condescension
Thursday - is pathetic
By Friday life has killed me
By Friday life has killed me."

Only Morrissey could play this game and manage to have killed himself before the end of the week! 'Friday I'm In Love' it is not. Old Mozzer really is a barrel of laughs, isn't he? Cheers me up everytime. Seriously.

---

and with that motley assortment of barely formed thoughts.... bed!

6 Comments:

  • At 10:27 pm, Blogger Herge Smith said…

    And I'm actually listening to the Smiths as I read your post. Lovely.

    Already gone on about V on another blog (a chum of yours I believe).

    If it's your first read, boy are you in for a treat. I first read it month by month (or bi-weekly - can't recall) but it's fantastic.

    And reading it now means that once the film is out you can stand proudly at the end, when the lights come up and declare;

    "Thats was no where near as good as the comic".

    Ahhhh.... I love doing that, EVER SINGLE TIME.

    Nice one.

     
  • At 10:40 pm, Blogger LB said…

    £12.99's still a lot for a book. Anyway.

    I am part way through "The Five People You Meet In Heaven" which so far has been really good...

     
  • At 10:49 pm, Blogger swisslet said…

    is that like a pop quiz?

    um:

    1) God
    2) Jesus
    3) er... Mother Theresa
    4) mmmm. St Francis of Assisi
    5) Lucifer (was it a trick question?)

    How did I do?

    ST

     
  • At 11:52 pm, Blogger Ali said…

    Glad you've perked up a bit my old fruit.

    Your ruminations on heaven reminded me of a stupid joke I heard once:

    http://www.big-boys.com/joke.asp?ID=496

    Take care mate, will be thinking of you on Thursday.

     
  • At 5:48 am, Blogger Aravis said…

    Until recently I had never heard of this comic. Now it keeps popping up. *G*

    Lord B, I read that last summer and liked it. Hope you do, too. :0)

     
  • At 4:50 pm, Blogger Jenni said…

    I've put off reading "The Five People You Meet in Heaven" because it seemed so commericialized and over-marketed since the moment it came out. But, perhaps I'll give it a go now that LB and Aravis have given it a stamp of approval.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home