52% intelligent. 9% modest. More monkey than bear.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

everything... everything... everything gonna be alright this mornin'

I've been listening to "Mannish Boy" by Muddy Waters - the version from "Hard Again", with all the "YEAAAAHHH"s and "WOOOOOOO"s, not the more sterile earlier studio version. For me, this is music at its most primal.... monumental 12 bar blues with the only embellishment being the odd single note eeked out of a guitar, the whooping, and Muddy's growling vocal.

Delta Blues. Often imitated, never bettered.

You have to listen to this stuff LOUD....

----

(I am going to talk at some point about my obsessive-compulsive nature, and how this manifests itself in the fit of my glasses, but I've had an especially bad day with them today, and I'm off to watch JJ72 at the Rescue Rooms tomorrow, so it will just have to wait until another day.... I've caught myself starting to be secretive about it though, which is a really bad sign, so I will definitely be talking about it here....)

3 Comments:

  • At 2:42 pm, Blogger Flash said…

    I love the JJs so you'll have to let me know how that goes.
    Though, for me, they have lost a touch of their live appeal since the departure of the divine Hilary Woods.

     
  • At 4:36 pm, Blogger HistoryGeek said…

    I do love the blues....

     
  • At 10:00 pm, Blogger The Num Num said…

    john 3:16




    (this post has been brought to you by unimaginative spam ltd.)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home