52% intelligent. 9% modest. More monkey than bear.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Ooh that dress so scandalous

I saw a man in a thong at the gym today. Now that's just wrong.

Not the wearing of a thong per-se - I can see how there might be a time and a place for that. Hell, what guy hasn't worried about a visible panty line from time to time?

No, it's more the fact that this guy was wearing it at the gym that threw me.

Why would you do that? Perhaps he was off on a hot date straight after his workout? Perhaps it was the only clean underwear he had left in the cupboard? Maybe he just likes wearing a thong? What does it matter? The fact remains that he was wearing a (red) thong at the gym.

Whatever.

I shouldn't care - there are fat, hairy naked guys in there all the time - but this guy chose the exact moment that I walked past to bend over and rummage around in his locker, and I was treated to a view that will haunt me forever.

---

Mark won, by the way. Bargs has actually seen 3 of the 6 fridges he guessed correctly in real life... and the bottle in Mark's made his a bit of a gimme, so I am going to ignore the fact that Bargs was nearest the bull in the tie-break (Owen Meany - 636 pages and much travelled), and unilaterally declare Mark to be the champion. Sorry LB, but that's just the way it's got to be.

12 Comments:

  • At 11:39 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dude, that's just nasty.

    Thanks for the moral support by the way. I said similar and more in the cussing department.

     
  • At 12:18 am, Blogger Michael said…

    Glad to know it isn't just us american's who are thoroughly bugged by a man wearing a thong at the gym.

     
  • At 1:02 am, Blogger HistoryGeek said…

    A male thong? I've never heard of such a thing. Interesting.

     
  • At 1:28 am, Blogger Jenni said…

    That is something I didn't need to hear today. Ew.

     
  • At 7:00 am, Blogger Aravis said…

    That's funny, because that's the second time in as many days that I've heard complaints about a man wearing a thong at the gym. *G*

    Congratulations Mark!:0)

     
  • At 11:27 am, Blogger adem said…

    So you saw me then?...You should've said hello ;)

     
  • At 1:40 pm, Blogger Mark said…

    I was wearing a thong, yes, but at least I was wearing something. Tsk. Never happy!

    Lucky me. *does victory dance*

     
  • At 1:57 pm, Blogger Ben said…

    I misread that first time round and for a minute thought you'd written: "No, it's more the fact that this guy wearing it at the gym threw it at me". Now THAT would have been worse...

     
  • At 2:19 pm, Blogger Alecya G said…

    Erm, wow. My deepest sympathies. I know it sounds descriminatory, but I think thongs should be made in only certain sizes. Some people should just not wear them.

    Its amazing some of the things you'll see in a locker room at a gym. I knew there were men who wore thongs, but...its been a while since I have had occasion to see one...

     
  • At 3:31 pm, Blogger -L said…

    That does sound very traumatic, ST!

    Did you run away covering your face and screaming, "Oh my eyes! OH, MY EYES!"

     
  • At 4:26 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I thought you meant he was wearing thongs over his lycra cycling shorts - this being the norm for some females - and thought 'how interesting!!!' I thought loads of men wore thongs! Mike's Allright Ma (thanks for wanderingscribe)

     
  • At 9:55 am, Blogger Stef said…

    In prep for my stag do (bachelor party) last year there were 10 blokes getting ready in my flat.

    One friend who spends too much time in the gym came out the bathroom wearing 'tangas' - essentially a posing pouch! We kept singing "You Can Leave Your Hat On" at him all weekend. He had a trauma and threw them all out when he got back home and purchased a load of boxers!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home