52% intelligent. 9% modest. More monkey than bear.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

The more things seem to change, the more they stay the same...

---
This time last year, I was worrying about a strange sensation of numbness that was creeping across my body as I was in training for the London Triathlon.

"It started on Monday last week, when I woke up with pins & needles in my right hand, and over the course of the week it has spread up my arm, down the right-hand side of my chest, ribs and back, and now seems to be working its way down my thigh. Although I have a kind of constant dull tingling feeling, I otherwise have sensation and full motor control and it is clearly not inhibiting me very much. But my pain receptors seem to have been dulled, even switched off, and everything I touch feels somehow very far away. It's a disconcerting feeling."

Around about this time two year's ago, I was reflecting on how little my job had changed since my outsourcing.

"Same job, same salary, same everything."

Plus ça change, eh?

6 Comments:

  • At 9:09 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Any post with a title ripped from a Rush track needs a comment.
    If only to sing nostalgia is the opium of the age.

    No comments on the passing of Mr Barrett ? I have been following the obituaries closely and can't help wondering if anyone realises he left pink floyd before they recorded any of their magna opi.

    I've got a bike, you can ride it if you like.

     
  • At 9:37 am, Blogger swisslet said…

    It's got a basket
    A bell that rings
    And things to make it look good
    I'd give it to you if I could
    But I borrowed it

    .... ah, lyrical genius at work. I don't much like "See Emily Play" either.

    Famous for being a drugs casualty and for making the room in the band for Dave Gilmour to join.

    Syd Barrett, we salute you!

    ST

     
  • At 9:38 am, Blogger swisslet said…

    ...and nostalgia ain't what it used to be.

     
  • At 9:50 am, Blogger Cat said…

    I'm just delighted you didn't go for the hideous Keane track as a post title there... Although that would have been Everything Changes as opposed to nothing changes.

    Cat

     
  • At 10:33 am, Blogger swisslet said…

    ah, Keane..... bless them.

    You really need to meet Lord Bargain, I think you'd have lots to discuss.

    ST

     
  • At 10:35 am, Blogger Sarah said…

    Ouch.

    Now, now children, play nicely....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home