52% intelligent. 9% modest. More monkey than bear.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

one dance left....

Hello. I've been busy down at the local pub quiz. We didn't win (pah! it was De Niro who won the Oscar for 'The Godfather Part II' and not Al Pacino...) but I did get to take part in a very entertaining round of "Deal or No Deal" (if you have no idea what this is, you might be well served by having a look here before reading on...). I didn't get to sit in the chair, but I did get to be a box-holder. The prizes ranged from a beer mat through to £150. My box had £10 in it, but the brave chap in the hot seat managed to hang on until it was a 50:50 chance between a glass of Pepsi and £60. He was offered a swap, but hung onto his original box and was rewarded with the £60. Great entertainment.

Anyway.

It's probably about time we had a shuffleathon update, isn't it?

Shuffleathon Update

[big table lifted and shifted]

A few more reviews in, but still a few left to be done. Pull your fingers out, eh?

Some poor buggers (including me) have yet to receive our CDs. I reckon we stay patient for another week, and if they still haven't arrived when I get back from Italy, we'll look into doing some resends. Sound reasonable?

Right. That'll do.

As you were.

6 Comments:

  • At 2:56 am, Blogger monogodo said…

    I understand that the CD I'm to receive is wending its way from distant lands and should arrive anon. (I'm not helping my case that I'm not 58, am I?)

    I'm hoping to receive it by the end of the week, but won't panic if it's not here then.

    I'm patient. It's not worth getting angry when it's 100F/38C outside.

     
  • At 11:38 pm, Blogger Stef said…

    I'm still waiting for mine but I'm a patient man. *natch*

    By the way, shouldn't the table really have the review link next to the person who sent the CD rather than the person who reviewed it?

    If I wanted to read the review of, say, your CD I wouldn't know where to go!

     
  • At 12:08 am, Blogger Ali said…

    Every day I raise an eyebrow at the postman, and he responds with a jovial shake of the head.

    It's like an early 80's Royal Mail ad campaign...

    I will of course let you know immediately after it arrives. :)

     
  • At 8:10 am, Blogger swisslet said…

    right. I'll publish a list of who got who when I wrap this up.

    Stef - go chase Graham. He says he owes you a CD anyway.....!

    ST

     
  • At 6:28 pm, Blogger Ali said…

    I GOT MY CD! I GOT MY CD!

    *dancing around*

    It really cheered me up to get this today, thanks Alecya!

    Will review after a listen or few!

    :)

     
  • At 9:40 pm, Blogger Ali said…

    Job DONE!
    http://yokospungeon.livejournal.com/249764.html

    Thank you alecya and Swissty.

    You are both super gorgeous.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home