52% intelligent. 9% modest. More monkey than bear.

Thursday, October 06, 2005

there's more to life than books you know, but not much more

Right then. Competition time.

I am going to run a "Guess Who the Bookshelf Belongs To" game over here in a few days time. So what I need you lot to do is to submit a photo of one of your bookshelves to me at the email address in my profile. I will then stick them all up, together with a list of people who have submitted, and your task is to match the bookcase to the blogger.

As blog readers, you're all essentially voyeurs anyway, so you should love this...... and I for one am very keen to have a look at the kind of things you have in your bookcases.

Sound like fun to you? What are you hanging around here for? Get snapping, people.

There might be a prize. Um. How does a SwissToni compilation CD and the honour of naming a post here sound to you?

9 Comments:

  • At 11:04 pm, Blogger Ali said…

    How about 2 Swisstoni compilation CD's and a bar of Fry's Chocolate Cream?

    ?:)

     
  • At 12:46 am, Blogger HistoryGeek said…

    This is going to force me to take a picture of that other book case, I guess.

    I don't think I'd like the bar of ice cream. I'd hate to think of what would happen to it in the post.

     
  • At 2:29 pm, Blogger Ali said…

    Oh, it's not ice cream, it's a chocolate bar with fondant filling:

    http://www.englishteastore.com/frchcr.html

    I'll send you one, even if you don't win. It's a must-eat.

    :)

     
  • At 2:39 pm, Blogger red one said…

    It's going to give away which blogger if one of us sends a non-digital list, isn't it?

    red

     
  • At 3:01 pm, Blogger Jenni said…

    Intersting concept. I'll be participating, I think, as long as I can get the picture taken in time to have it submitted. I'm out of town today and then returning back home to host a party in the morning. How long do we have?

     
  • At 3:10 pm, Blogger swisslet said…

    you have until I get a few entries (I have one so far).

    Red - I'm thinking of faking a few: sticking a few 'appropriate' books on a shelf and taking a piccie. Consider yourself 'in', and let that be the final encouragement any of the rest of you might need to submit a real photo!

    ST

     
  • At 3:17 pm, Blogger red one said…

    ST - that is kind of you. I deserve to be banned for being so late with my earworms.

    *looks at feet*

    red

     
  • At 4:49 pm, Blogger John McClure said…

    What if all your books are lying all over the floor and the furniture because you can never decide which one you want to read?








    I gave myself away there, didn't I?

     
  • At 4:51 pm, Blogger LB said…

    I won't be back until Friday so I'll leave a back door key under the mat if you want to nip round and take a piccie of mine, then.

    the S Club 7 annuals might give me away, though.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home