52% intelligent. 9% modest. More monkey than bear.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

yesterday don't matter if it's gone

So with a heavy heart, we move on into Tuesday.

Sigh.

..... only kidding. It's my friend Ian's birthday today, and we traditionally celebrate by taking him him to the pub and feeding him some truly hideous drinks like Scrumpy with Cement Mixer chasers (Baileys with a dash of lime juice that makes it solidify in your mouth). That's always fun, and it's something to look forward to, eh?

Besides. If you hated every day of the week, where on earth would that leave you?

---

Summer, Buddy Holly, the working folly
Good golly Miss Molly and boats
Hammersmith Palais, the Bolshoi Ballet
Jump back in the alley and nanny goats

(Why don't you get back into bed?)
(Why don't you get back into bed?)
(Why don't you get back into bed?)

4 Comments:

  • At 10:34 am, Blogger adem said…

    Drinking on a school night?.....tut tut tut.

    Have fun.

     
  • At 3:30 pm, Blogger HistoryGeek said…

    Actually, I'll hold on to Tuesday blues for you, ST. It's not only a crazy, hectic day for me at work (and today will be no different), but then I go to see clients in the evening...I don't get home 'til after 8 or 9.

    So, I do really want to go back to bed.

     
  • At 8:29 pm, Blogger swisslet said…

    the cement mixer is foul - the lime juice makes the baileys congeal and solidify in your mouth, and so you end up with this big, squidgy lump iin your mouth that every instinct in your body is telling you not to swallow....

    A great birthday drink, I think you'll agree.

    And yeah, Ian's b'day always seems to fall on a school night, for some reason. Makes it all the more fun.

    And to answer the question you asked me the other day, the book I'm reading is "The World According to Garp" by John Irving (again) as I psyche myself up for reading his 800-odd page new one. How am I finding it? Well, he's a great story teller, but it all too often feels like a lot of shorter stories glued together: there are several 'extracts' from other stories and books in the main text. I know that Garp is an author and it's supposed to be showing us his work, but it feels like Irving took some major shortcuts to bulk up the page count by sticking in a few unfinished bits and pieces he had lying around.

    ST

     
  • At 11:59 pm, Blogger swisslet said…

    psyche myself up?

    perhaps, but more likely psych.....

    ST

    (rfphvmiq? give me a break here!)

    (apparently not! kmilokeo it is then)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home