52% intelligent. 9% modest. More monkey than bear.

Sunday, October 10, 2004

'Feel the sun shining for your eyes...'

A quick word here for my friend Ian. I've know Ian for about 6 years, and shared a house with him for much of that time. He's a lovely quiet guy, and he's just turned 31 (it's something of a bone of contention between the two of us that he is a few months older than me - for some reason, Ian finds it totally unbelievable and refuses to believe that he can be older than me.; Well - for the record he is. 5 months may not be much, but it's as good as a mile). For the last 3 or 4 months, Ian has been going out with a lovely girl called Lisa (she's a bit younger than him actually - and you're only as young as the woman you feel, or something). I started going out with C. about 5 years ago now, and great though our relationship is, I have to say that it's really nice to see a couple in the early stages... they can barely keep their hands off each other, and it's really sweet. I know that sounds a bit patronising, but she seems nice and it's fantastic to see Ian so happy.

Good on you mate.
--
C. set off for China at about 16:45 this afternoon, shortly after David Beckham's goal against the Welsh. A chauffeur driven car turned up to take her to Heathrow - as befits someone in her position (I'd probably have to get the bus). Even though I almost immediately went out to for bowling/curry with Ian for his birthday, I have to say that I'm missing her a little bit already. Bed's too big without you.
--
Man - I must sound like a terrible romantic this evening. Sorry about that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home