'I missed the good part then I realised...'
I'm not very good at sitting still when I'm on my own - no sooner do I sit down to do something, than I start getting restless and thinking about what I'm going to do next, and then before I know it, I've got up to start to do it. Watching a football match is out of the question - I won't be able to concentrate on it as my brain will be racing (and generally what I will do instead is stick the radio on, so I can do something else whilst listening to the game at the same time.
Ok - sure it'll give me a load of time to Play Tiger Woods 2005, pootle about the internet, read my book, go and see my friends etc. etc. - but I'll miss her for sure.
One of the things that I will definitely do is try and catch up on my DVD watching and CD listening. It's been a little while since I've rambled on here about what's flicking my switch musically at the minute (yeah - okay, so I know I've rambled *elsewhere* about it, but that doesn't count, ok?)
Bonus discs are generally a waste of time, but one that I can happily endorse is the one that came with the most recent Greatest Hits by the Cure - it contains acoustic versions of all 18 tracks, recorded specially for the album, and it's brilliant. Actually, it's probably worth buying the album for. I had it on last night when I was cooking the sausages, and it reminded me what a fantastic band The Cure are.
Other CDs/songs that have floated across my stereo/IPod this week are:
- The Futureheads - The Futureheads
- Interpol - Antics
- The Smiths - Meat is Murder (it's all to do with Rusholme Ruffians and the Goose Fair)
- The Hives - Tyrannosaurus Hives (in the gym - it ROCKS!)
- Led Zeppelin - 'The Immigrant Song' (my favourite Zep song by absolutely miles - and I still love this link!)
- Snow Patrol - 'Wow' (which I heard in the background on "Six Feet Under" unless I am very much mistaken)
- The Vines - 'Get Free' (again, because it ROCKS)
- Johnny Cash - 'One' (yes the U2 one - because of something Serena Wombat said on her blog)
I also plan to make the time to sit and watch:
- The Star Wars Trilogy
- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
- Shaun of the Dead
- Donnie Darko
- Black Books series 3
It'll be weird to be in an empty house for a whole week though.