52% intelligent. 9% modest. More monkey than bear.

Sunday, October 03, 2004

Tonight - you sleep with the fishes

The Sopranos is one of those programmes that I missed, and by the time I thought it was worth watching, I didn't want to start, because I thought I would already have missed too much. To remedy this, C gave me a sampler DVD of the first 2 episodes about 2 years ago on my birthday. My DVD collection being what it is (i.e. full of DVDs I haven't made time to watch), it just sat there...until tonight.

I have just finished watching the pilot episode.

I think I am going to be watching more of this... there must be some boxsets I can buy to sit in my collection with the West Wing episodes I have missed and never got round to catching up on, right?

What is it about guys and their need to hoard stuff? I also collect piles of Wisdens - that's a 1000 page book of cricket statistics that barely changes from year to year, and yet I have 19 of them, plus 4 anthologies. And I barely read them - having them seems to be enough.

Go figure.

CDs are basically the same thing, although my Ipod has at least made this more accessible to me wherever I am.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:43 am, Blogger Damo said…

    The hoarding of stuff happened when I was younger. Now I'm offloading en-masse and being selective. Some of the stuff I'm getting rid of is, um, a tad embarrassing... especially given that I'm only a year older than you!

     
  • At 9:21 am, Blogger The Num Num said…

    Mate, I kid you not, Damo has more Cds than I have DVDs, and more than anyone I've ever seen. Have a chat with him for some first-refusal deals.

    As for hoarding. I thoroughly commend you on the Wisden collection. It is undoubtedbly something that can become something of an heirloom, as over time people are going to fully appreciate the antiquities of life.

    I love box sets. I bought 24 s1-3, and have turned the lady into an addict. :D

    I have yet to buy the new Star Wars one, or the final LOTR ROTK xtended set. In time....

     
  • At 10:31 am, Blogger John McClure said…

    Obsessive cleaning of non-existant marks from glasses? Hoarding of things that "look good on the shelf" or are required to "make up the set"? How many more symptoms of OCD do you have?

    To remedy the situation and liberate yourself couldn't be easier - it is the very thing that ebay was invented for, was it not?

     
  • At 2:10 pm, Blogger Me said…

    You have nothing to fear about hoarding. At least you hoard useful stuff. I discovered recently that I still had bank statements from 1982 when I was 8 years old. Balance was much healthier then than it is now. Five quid.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home