52% intelligent. 9% modest. More monkey than bear.

Monday, October 11, 2004

"Libraries gave us power, then work came and made us free"



OK - perhaps the world hasn't been exactly crying out for it, but here's a picture of my desk at work (at about 19:45 this evening).

Things to note:

- 2 laptops
- Ipod (today listening to "meltdown" by Ash)
- Ipod postcard
- postcard from Kata Tjuta (January feels like a long, long time ago)
- A postcard of Kumar Shri Ranjitsinhji (Ranji)
- Nice pink mechanical pencil
- baseball (on strange metal tube)
- Little beanie Darth Maul
- Moleskine notebook (squared)
- Gold & Silver medal mouse-mats from Fantasyleague.com (2002/3 and 2003/4 respectively)
- Untidy and disorganised piles of paper
- Existentially empty office space

What does this say about me that I spend 10-odd hours a day here?Posted by Hello

6 Comments:

  • At 11:33 am, Blogger Teresa Bowman said…

    10 hours a day?

    It's a wonder there isn't a bed in the photo as well.

     
  • At 2:47 pm, Blogger Me said…

    So, what do you do then? What exactly is an INTP? It looks like a pretty important job if you need two computers.

     
  • At 3:45 pm, Blogger swisslet said…

    Ah - you ask all the difficult questions.

    INTP is a personality profile:

    http://www.typelogic.com/intp.html

    As for what I do... good question... most days I feel like Dilbert, and I suspect we have a similar job (we certainly have similar bosses).

    One thing I do know - having two computers is a source of backache, not status.

     
  • At 8:35 am, Blogger The Num Num said…

    ...and a source of ball ache - can you see the radiation emissions?

    Things have changed so much from the days of DWB - at least you HAVE a desk!

     
  • At 11:24 am, Blogger Me said…

    Wow - that's very interesting - I thought INTP was your job title. I started to think I was INTP too, but actually, I think I'm just anal.

     
  • At 10:27 am, Blogger The Num Num said…

    OK, I just bought a Moleskin book too. Had no idea what they were until this post, and now will probably be a lifelong fan.

    I'm now in the aame crew as Van G, and Swiss T. Awesome.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home