52% intelligent. 9% modest. More monkey than bear.

Monday, November 01, 2004

"In the beginning, when we were winning..."

This isn't a proper post.... I just had to share this from the blog "I, Brummie"...

----
Bin Laden: "That new Manics album is rubbish"

Arabic TV station Al-Jazeera has aired a videotape in which Osama Bin Laden claims that the new Manic Street Preachers album 'Lifeblood' is "not a patch on the Holy Bible"
----
do yourself a favour and go and read the whole thing.

The Manics were on "Later...." on Friday night, and they were insipid. I'm with Osama on this one. I wonder what he thinks about the Kings of Leon? They were on too, and they were great.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:35 pm, Blogger Teresa Bowman said…

    Brilliant.

    I only saw them do "The Love of Richard Nixon" on "Later", then I went to bed, so I don't know what else they did. I've heard the (naughtily downloaded off the web) album, though, and thought it was very good. The Wire's lyrics aren't getting any better, though, unfortunately.

     
  • At 1:48 pm, Blogger Damo said…

    Ah, Graham Breed. Used to write for DrownedInSound, then fell out with them. He seemed an opinionated chap, shall we say... but I did find that blog entry funny.

     
  • At 3:14 pm, Blogger Graham said…

    Yes, The same grahambreed. is doing something else now at www.thefinalword.co.uk . As for falling out with them - long story...... P.S. hello Damo and SwissToni!

     
  • At 12:23 am, Blogger Mark said…

    I am Grahambreed's brother. I too used to 'work' for Drowned In Sound. I too left, because I got fed up with their "if its not new, it's shite" editorial policy, and the guy who ran it had the people skills of a Praying Mantis. My blog requires hits, if you like I Brummie, you'll LOVE me.

    Plug over.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home