52% intelligent. 9% modest. More monkey than bear.

Monday, March 07, 2005

Let it out don't hold it in

It's my birthday today - so if you pop by here later on, be sure to be wearing your party best and come fully prepared for:

- pass the parcel
- jelly
- balloons
- a rubbish magician
- more cake than you can shake a stick at (pleny enough for takeaways)
- a little bit of disco dancing...

Quite a few candles now - 31!

I'm a lucky boy though. C. has been carefully hoarding all the cards and things that have dropped through the letter-box in the last few days.

- A copy of Paul Karasik and David Mazzucchelli's graphic adaptation of Paul Auster's "City of Glass" from the New York Trilogy
- A copy of "The Rings of Saturn" by W.G. Sebald
- Some vouchers to Neal's Yard Dairy
- Some YSL M7

...but best of all, C. has got me a pair of tickets to both parts of His Dark Materials at the National Theatre later on this month. The run finishes at the end of March, and apparently these were the very last tickets available to both shows on the same day. It's supposed to be superb, so I'm very much looking forward to it.

Mind you... I have now reached that venerable age where I no longer bother taking the day off. So if you'll excuse me, I have to go and get ready for work.... [mutter mutter]

15 Comments:

  • At 8:31 am, Blogger Tom said…

    Happy birthday, man! :-)

     
  • At 8:34 am, Blogger LB said…

    happy birthday!

    I have a gift also which I shall drop in later on today :-)

     
  • At 9:27 am, Blogger Teresa Bowman said…

    Congratulations on completing your 31st orbit of the sun!

    Have a top day.

    I had no idea they'd done a stage adaptation of "His Dark Materials". I wonder what it's like? The books are certainly brilliant, so I'm kind of curious. You'll have to post up a review when you've seen it!

     
  • At 9:36 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy bday mate
    I'm sorry about this...but they do seem to be getting worse each year..(your bday cards - this is it), not your big day

    Anyway, have a top day...i would say email me with what you got up to but I spect you'll be talking abt that here too

    You seeing the boys at all at some point? Say hi to all

    Des

     
  • At 10:48 am, Blogger Soaring said…

    Felicitacions! Um, my mum said I'm not allowed any cake becuase sugar makes me hyperactive, but I can have some sugar free jelly as long as its, um, sugar free... And I'm going to be dressed as a fairy princess just so that you know. My brother will be coming as spiderman, I think he is in the same form as your little brother... Are you going as Harry Potter like you did last year?

     
  • At 12:04 pm, Blogger John McClure said…

    Happy Birthday, TS/ST. Hope you have a fantastic day and a stunningly marvellous year to follow!

     
  • At 1:22 pm, Blogger weenie said…

    Happy birthday. Hope you enjoy the theatre adaptation of His Dark Materials - I've just read The Subtle Knife and don't want to read the last one just yet, cos it will be the end of the trilogy!

     
  • At 1:45 pm, Blogger Statue John said…

    Happy birthday Mr Swiss. Hope you have yave yourself a superfine day. Why not take a day off from the running/swimming/cycling eh? G'wan!

    Very envious of His Dark Materials - look forward to hearing how they portray those daemons...

     
  • At 1:53 pm, Blogger Mark said…

    happy birthday - at 31 you're a mere baby!

     
  • At 2:11 pm, Blogger Damo said…

    Happy birthday! And you'll always be a year (and a bit) younger than me.

     
  • At 5:43 pm, Blogger Aravis said…

    Many happy returns, ST! Have a wonderful time at the theater. I, too, would love to hear all about it.
    You know, looking at all the red dots on the hit map on your blog and knowing that we come from all over, one could almost say that the world is celebrating your birthday through the blogosphere. ;0) Enjoy!

     
  • At 5:53 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Birthday my dear boy! Hope you had a fantastic day. Love Mrs Mac x

     
  • At 12:56 am, Blogger Graham said…

    Happy Burpday, Mr. Toni.

     
  • At 4:54 am, Blogger Jenni said…

    I tried to post earlier but blogger did not cooperate. Although it's no longer your birthday over there, it is where I am. So Happy Birthday! I hope you enjoyed your day.

     
  • At 10:56 am, Blogger Me said…

    Belated happy birthday Tim!

    And congratulations on clicking up over 10000 hits since you put the hit counter thingy on.

    Well done on both counts.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home