52% intelligent. 9% modest. More monkey than bear.

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

pour myself a cup of ambition

OK.

I've been back a couple of days now, and I've been doing some thinking.

This evening, the thoughts that have been swirling around my head since my return from Korea began to crystallise as I was swimming at the gym. From a kaleidoscope of seemingly formless thoughts, patterns began to emerge and take shape into something more tangible, more concrete. By the time I had finished my swim, these ideas had solidified enough to enable me to arrive at a shocking revelation.....

Working for a living is rubbish.

It really is.

It's proper bobbins.

And with that bombshell, ladies and gentlemen, I'm off to the pub.

Thank you and goodnight.

6 Comments:

  • At 9:13 pm, Blogger Flash said…

    Bobbins? Not 'arf!

    I'll have a pint.

     
  • At 10:35 pm, Blogger Tom said…

    It is a bombshell. My whole basis of my life has changed.

    Bastard. I cannot continue.

    ;-)

     
  • At 10:36 pm, Blogger LB said…

    now that is one of the funniest things I have seen in a long time.

    it really is absolute cack, isn't it? I have much better things I could be doing with my time than dealing with unreasonable clients, unpredictable staff and idiot companies.

    hold on, I'll get my coat. get me a bitter, will you? i'll be ten minutes.

     
  • At 11:37 pm, Blogger swisslet said…

    my day just improved - we won the quiz!

    ST

     
  • At 11:58 pm, Blogger Damo said…

    Working for a living isn't so bad... if you're doing something that's worthwhile. Sitting about makes me bored.

    Living for working... that's a different matter.

     
  • At 6:49 pm, Blogger HistoryGeek said…

    Yes, indeed, not working is perhaps the most civilized life there is.

    Regretfully signed,
    The Debt Slave

     

Post a Comment

<< Home