52% intelligent. 9% modest. More monkey than bear.

Thursday, July 28, 2005

And you think you’re so clever and classless and free...

There's yet another auction today of some of John Lennon's stuff - an early recording of "give peace a chance", a handwritten lyric sheet for "all you need is love"... that kind of thing. The lyric sheet alone is expected to raise around £0.5m. When talking about this on the radio, someone mentioned how dying was good career move.

Hm. I have to say that I don't think even that would help get me promoted.

Sigh.

And off to work I go.

****UPDATE****

Perhaps they meant dyeing, and I should resign from my current job and go into the textile industy?? Whaddya reckon??

Maybe that's what happened to Elvis?

5 Comments:

  • At 4:51 pm, Blogger John McClure said…

    I believe Tupac has been sighted several times now trying to revive the North West's long dead textile industry.

     
  • At 4:58 pm, Blogger swisslet said…

    Kurt Cobain and Jimi Hendrix are actually in business together. They are the leading manufacturers of vinyl flooring in the Greater Manchester area (although John Lennon of Lennon Floors Ltd - slogan "acrylic: just imagine" -might dispute that)

     
  • At 5:18 pm, Blogger LB said…

    I bought a job lot of tea bags at Johnny Cash and Carry actually. I hear it is doing a roaring trade.

     
  • At 10:14 pm, Blogger Mark said…

    p.s. head over to http://www.chocoreve.blogspot.com/ to download Coldplay at Glastonbury.

     
  • At 11:05 pm, Blogger Mark said…

    Elvis turned to the rabbit fur industry.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home