52% intelligent. 9% modest. More monkey than bear.

Sunday, May 07, 2006

there's no end to the lengths I'll go to...

I've been checking my stats.

I only do this occasionally, but I do find some of the search terms that lead people here fascinating. As you might imagine, I mainly get people passing through looking for song lyrics or mp3s (most recently a spate of people looking for Dennis Waterman theme tunes....), but some of them are more than a touch disturbing.

With that in mind, a big hello to the person who surfed in here with the search term "MAN KINDNAPS LITTLE GIRL AND PLANS TO EAT HER" (the typo and the capitalisation are the searcher's own....)

Um.

Welcome?

(check it out.... I'm the only result!)

People are also still arriving here with search terms like "Piss in Sink" - a fact that never fails to make me proud.... Given that I'm currently planning a post on the phenomenon of people hanging plastic bags full of dog shit on the trees in public parks, I imagine I can only expect more of the same in the forseeable future.

The internet really is a strange and wonderful place.

Mostly just strange.

8 Comments:

  • At 11:48 am, Blogger adem said…

    I like the sponsored link that enables me to "Buy Girl at Shop.com"


    Gonna have to save up my pocket money.

     
  • At 1:06 pm, Blogger Hyde said…

    Wow. Really... that's all I can say about that. People are strange.

     
  • At 1:34 pm, Blogger Flash said…

    I like not having a stat-meter anymore but I do miss looking at the searches that brought people to my place.

     
  • At 2:54 pm, Blogger Stef said…

    "blow up doll" seems to be the most 'unusual' search term pointing to my site... Brilliant!

     
  • At 5:04 pm, Blogger HistoryGeek said…

    Now I have to visit my stat counter again. I stopped the OCD behavior of checking it 2-3 times a day once my antidepressants kicked in. But I do like to see what search items come up...and which countries people log in from.

     
  • At 6:09 pm, Blogger Charlie said…

    Man, I've gotten some pretty strange/disturbing searches to mine.

     
  • At 10:42 pm, Blogger Mark said…

    he's KINDNAPPING her - what's wrong with that

     
  • At 3:43 pm, Blogger Hel said…

    LOL :D
    How do you find out what searches people have used to get to your blog? I want to try that with my blog...
    Btw, great blog and taste in music! *thumbs up*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home