52% intelligent. 9% modest. More monkey than bear.

Monday, July 31, 2006

seven for a secret never to be told

It's been a mixed day.

On the one hand, I've had to struggle my way through an uninspiring first day back in the office (God knows how depressing it will be when I actually get round to doing some work).

On the other hand though, I've finally managed to get some writing done.

I think the holiday must have got my creative juices flowing, which is a very good thing indeed. It's only a short story, and I haven't edited it or anything, but I'd be obliged if you could have a look and let me know what you think.

You can find it here (and if that link isn't working for some reason, try here)

----

Oh, and it turns out that last week's VIP visitor was Tony Blair.

*yawns*

(and C. casually told me yesterday that her boss told her before we left that she would have been due to meet the Prime Minister if we hadn't been away on holiday. Her response? That it would take a joint visit from John Lennon and Ghandi before she would think about cancelling her trip. Good girl!)

----

more holiday snaps on flickr, by the way.

6 Comments:

  • At 10:38 pm, Blogger HistoryGeek said…

    Great pictures! I know what you mean about re-acclimating to work. I was only away from the office one day last week and coming back feels rather non-inspirational.

     
  • At 11:24 pm, Blogger Mark said…

    C better keep her clothes safe - those are exactly the type of thing Ellie goes for. Great minds, thinking alike.

     
  • At 3:57 am, Blogger monogodo said…

    I still say you should have locked an empty drawer of your desk before you left.

     
  • At 7:09 am, Blogger P'tit-Loup said…

    Good boy, no work on the first day. Gotta break you in nice and slow!

     
  • At 7:10 am, Blogger P'tit-Loup said…

    Could not make the link to short story work :O(

     
  • At 4:40 pm, Blogger Flash said…

    Well said C!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home