52% intelligent. 9% modest. More monkey than bear.

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

it's not a matter of you versus of me....

Right - I picked this up at Dearie Me

Following a chain, from Cllr Andrew Brown

"Copy the list on to your blog, put in bold the ones you have listened to (completely from begining to end) and then add three more albums that you think people should have heard before they turn into their parents - remember, it isn't necessarily your most favourite albums but the ones you think people should listen to... and when we say listen we mean from track one through to the end...

If you put a link to your follow-on post in the comments of the site where you found it, the chain will be trackable."

Mike adds: "From now on, you are also allowed to DELETE up to THREE albums on the existing list, if you feel a) that this is an album which should not reasonably be foisted upon anybody, or b) that one Steve Earle album is quite enough for one lifetime, thank you."

Okay ... here's my stab at this....

London Calling - The Clash
Think Tank - Blur
Moon Safari - Air
Elastica - Elastica
Never Mind the Bollocks Here's the Sex Pistols - Sex Pistols
OK Computer - Radiohead
The Kiss of Morning - Graham Coxon
The Wall - Pink Floyd
Setting Sons - The Jam
Train a Comin' - Steve Earle
Folksinger - Phranc
Come From the Shadows - Joan Baez
The River - Bruce Springsteen
What's Going On - Marvin Gaye
Metal Box - Public Image Ltd
Orbital #2 (The Brown Album) - Orbital
Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain - Pavement
Marquee Moon - Televison
Daydream Nation - Sonic Youth
New York - Lou Reed
Everything's Alright Forever - The Boo Radleys
The Power Out - Electrelane
The Stone Roses - The Stone Roses
Hatful of Hollow - The Smiths
Boy Child - Scott Walker

The ones I've deleted:

The Very Best of Joan Armatrading - Joan Armatrading (sorry, deletion based on my ignorance)
This is Hardcore - Pulp (great band - not a great album)
Apple Venus Vol. 1 - XTC (sorry... not for me)

So many others that I could put on here, and possibly harsh to delete Pulp (an album I own and quite like) when there are others on the list that I haven't listened to.... well, I looked them all up and decided that perhaps I would quite like to listen to some of them. To be honest, the only thing I have against XTC is that there was a guy on Mastermind answering questions on this the other week, and he was a total dweeb... which is ok ... what really got me is that he reckoned the reason that they weren't the biggest band in the world was because they stopped touring. What? Didn't the Beatles stop touring in 1965? They were pretty big after that, weren't they?

Anyway - one of you lot must want to take this on??? Anyone?? Bueller?

(I should add that only person can claim this at a time... post a link in the comments here to your followup, and then someone else should pick it up from there... make sense?)


8 Comments:

  • At 10:21 pm, Blogger Damo said…

    London Calling - The Clash
    Think Tank - BlurMoon Safari - AirElastica - ElasticaNever Mind the Bollocks Here's the Sex Pistols - Sex PistolsOK Computer - RadioheadThe Kiss of Morning - Graham Coxon
    Setting Sons - The Jam
    Train a Comin' - Steve Earle
    Folksinger - Phranc
    Come From the Shadows - Joan Baez
    The River - Bruce Springsteen
    What's Going On - Marvin Gaye
    Metal Box - Public Image Ltd
    Orbital #2 (The Brown Album) - OrbitalCrooked Rain, Crooked Rain - Pavement
    Marquee Moon - Televison
    New York - Lou Reed
    Everything's Alright Forever - The Boo RadleysThe Power Out - Electrelane
    The Stone Roses - The Stone RosesBoy Child - Scott Walker
    Silver Sun - Silver SunThe Wildhearts - Earth Vs The WildheartsPropellerheads - DecksanddrumsandrockandrollDitched:

    The Wall - Pink FloydHatful of Hollow - The Smiths
    Daydream Nation - Sonic Youth

     
  • At 10:53 pm, Blogger swisslet said…

    I think you're supposed to put it onto your blog and then publish the link back here....

    that way it moves off my blog (or something?)

    And you ditched hatful of hollow? You bastard !

     
  • At 9:47 am, Blogger Teresa Bowman said…

    I don't own any XTC albums as such, but "Fossil Fuel: XTC Singles 1977-1992" is a 2-CD package of sheer joyousness. I would recommend it to anybody who likes tunes and lyrics.

     
  • At 2:38 pm, Blogger The Num Num said…

    I don't understand, what am I supposed to do again?

     
  • At 3:03 pm, Blogger swisslet said…

    this seemed like such a good idea at the time....

    I think Damo (if he is taking this on) needs to stick his list on his blog, and post a link back here. Then the idea is that someone takes the list off him, makes their changes and publishes it on their blog, and then posts a link back on Damo's site, and so on and so forth.

    It is a bit confusing, isn't it?

    Come on then Damo - are you claiming it or what?

    (or have we all lost the will to live, and we'll just let it die quietly here?)

     
  • At 4:00 pm, Blogger LB said…

    I think I am fairly intelligent, but I have to confess I am not sure exactly what we're supposed to be doing either.

    So, I put up your list on my blog, minus three choices highlight the ones I have listened to and add three more?

    but then how will anyone know I have done it, except me?

    bibble?

     
  • At 4:14 pm, Blogger Teresa Bowman said…

    I think you have to print the list out, fold it into a three-dimensional shape, wear it as a hat and parade it around the town of your choice ...

    ... is that right?

     
  • At 11:00 am, Blogger Mark said…

    This thread is mine.

    My list is here. Let us see where it goes from here.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home