52% intelligent. 9% modest. More monkey than bear.

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Like the deserts miss the rain

More on the genius of John Peel here

including:

Show starts.
A motorcycle revving noise.
Someguitarsbeingveryloudandheavy.
Then some guitars beingveryloudandheavy with a man shouting. all last about five seconds.
"Three tracks from Napalm Death, there, in session tonight..."

and

"If Elvis were alive today, I think he'd really understand happy hardcore."

--
legend (and more importantly, not another post about the US Election. Too depressing today)

2 Comments:

  • At 12:12 pm, Blogger Teresa Bowman said…

    My favourite one was, "Oh well, you can't be mad with glee all the time." I've even made it my signature on the Dumbrella forum.

    I don't know if you've read the book "The Nation's Favourite" by Simon Garfield but there are some fantastic stories from him in that. Some of them made me cry laughing. He was a very, very funny, witty man - which is a rarity at Radio 1, but then, as Rembrandt said, "It is in the dungheap that you will find rubies and emeralds."

     
  • At 8:56 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've got some Peel sessions of Joy Division. Wonderful!

    BTW - your title reminds me that I need to find that song. I haven't heard it in faaaar too long and it's one of my favorites from way back.

    Thanks for the comment on my blog. It's always nice to hear the opinions, yea or nay, of folks from in other places.

    J at TAotB
    The Art of the Blog

     

Post a Comment

<< Home