52% intelligent. 9% modest. More monkey than bear.

Friday, October 21, 2005

storm clouds may gather and stars may collide...

Another week nearly done & dusted then. All that remains before I toddle off into town to watch Wallace & Gromit is to pay our weekly homage at the altar of all things Earworm. This week's Guest Editor has recently returned from her travels around the world, and has resumed her role as a Goddess, as well as picking up the reigns on a new blog of her own (where, incidentally, she has blown my exclusive by publishing this list!).

Ladies and Gentleworms.... without further ado .... it is my great pleasure to present for your earworming pleasure, Miss "Gettin' Lucky in Kentucky" herself:

Earworms of the Week - Guest Editor #22 - Leah from Serendipity

ST and Beloved Bloggers,

Thank you very much for allowing me the honor of sharing my earworms! I feel very special to have been chosen! *blows kisses to audience* Thank you, ST, as well for last week's tribute to my dog Buzz. I'm sure Buzz is sending you slobbery dog kisses from whatever peaceful place he now calls home.

On with my list...I tried not to listen to music this week (except in the car to work) as to not influence my earworms in a conscious way. So here is what randomly found its way into my head...

Runaway - Bon Jovi...Somehow I heard this song played on the radio 2 days straight! Don't get me wrong, I still love Jon Bon, but kinda weird, wouldn't you say? I didn't realize I was driving my Dolorean back in time this week!

Beautiful Disaster - Kelly Clarkson...Oh my god, I love Kelly! And I love, love, LOVE this song. The two words are so contradictory yet work perfectly together.

He’s as damned as he seems
And more heaven than a heart could hold…

If I could hold on
Through the tears and the laughter
Would it be beautiful?
Or just a beautiful disaster?


Live Like You Were Dying – Tim McGraw
…I listen to this song and I immediately realign life’s perspective and priorities. Something about it just hits home, hits my heart, every time I hear it. I question the value I am putting into every day of my life…it’s a very motivating, emotional song.

And I loved deeper and I spoke sweeter
and I gave forgiveness I'd been denying
and he said someday I hope you get the chance
to live like you were dying…

Like tomorrow was a gift
and you got eternity to think about what'd you do with it
what did you do with it?
what did I do with it?
what would I do with it?


Angels We Have Heard On High – yes, pathetic, a holiday song already! I heard it in a store!

Since U Been Gone – Kelly Clarkson…See, I really do love Kelly! I have been listening to this cd virtually nonstop since February, and I still love it heaps. I have surely listened to it a million times…It’s one of my theme songs from my time Down Under.

Since you been gone
I can breathe for the first time
I’m so moving on
Thanks to you, now I get what I want…


Running Away – Hoobastank…Sometimes people run away, and you’re left with nothing but questions and a broken heart…and this song describes that.

Come What May – Moulin Rouge soundtrack…I love this soundtrack as much as the movie. I think this song would make a lovely wedding song.

Eminem – I dunno as to what song of his was an earworm, but he was definitely in the mix! A very random worm that weaseled his way in!

Probably Wouldn’t Be This Way – LeAnn Rimes…I keep hearing the tail end of this song on the radio, and I really like it! Part wistful, part hopeful.

I probably wouldn't be this way
I probably wouldn't hurt so bad
I never pictured every minute without you in it
Oh You left so fast
Sometimes I see you standing there
Sometimes it's like I'm losing touch
Sometimes I feel like I'm so lucky to have had the chance to
love this much
God gave me a moment's grace
'Cause if I'd never seen your face
I probably wouldn't be this way…

----

Thanks Leah - another interesting list. I can't say I know much about a lot of the songs in your list, but that's one of the great delights of this feature, isn't it? We get to have a view of what's going on inside other people's heads. Like you, I think I can also truthfully say that I love the soundtrack to Moulin Rouge almost as much as I love the film. Unlike you though, this is because I think that both of them are total bilge. Still, the world would be boring if we all liked the same things, would it not? And besides, no list that contains the Jovi can be anything other than brilliant!

Next week's Guest Editor has also published a preview of his list over at his blog [sigh]. However, as he's not all that keen on people linking directly to him, you will either have to go and find it for yourself, or wait until it appears here next week. Next week's Guest Editor will also double the number of medievalists posting to this blog. Yup - it's Le Moine Perdu.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm late for the pub (is it only on my computer where those bloody adverts to shoot ducks to win an iPod crashes the browser, taking all unpublished posts with it?? Grrr!)

Until next time kids.

[previous guest editors: Flash, The Urban Fox, Lord Bargain, Retro-Boy, Statue John, Ben, OLS, Ka, Jenni, Aravis, Yoko, Bee, Charlie, Tom, Di, Spin, The Ultimate Olympian, Damo, Mike, RedOne, The NumNum]

7 Comments:

  • At 6:51 pm, Blogger Ali said…

    For me it's the spider squashing ad that does it.

    DAMN IT TO HELL!

    I was hoping to cruise by here and see a display of toasters, I was sorely disappointed.

    Have a lovely weekend Tone, and I enjoyed the earworms.

     
  • At 7:19 pm, Blogger red one said…

    Swiss - enjoy Wallace and Grommit, I might go and see that too. I like W&G.

    Leah - ah, the angels of October. Grrr!

    I'm not one for angels at any time of year, to be honest. But sometimes I think I should go and laay in loads of tins and stuff in september and try avoiding the shops for three months...

    red

     
  • At 10:28 pm, Blogger Damo said…

    American Hi-Fi have an ace song called Beautiful Disaster. I'm guessing it's not a cover!

     
  • At 1:41 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ST- Have you seen Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy? There is a part where the main character has a little squishy animal inserted into his ear as he needs translation to understand the aliens- that's my image of 'earworm'
    Word Verification= cvyfopib- some kind of insult, maybe?

     
  • At 4:06 am, Blogger -L said…

    Thank you again, ST!

    Red - I totally hear ya. I mean, we can't even thoroughly enjoy one holiday (in this case, Halloween) because the 2 holidays after it have already bombarded society this way and that. Good grief! (But I've already picked up my holiday cards...so I suppose I'm mega-guilty! Opps...)

    Damo - I'll have to track down that version of Beautiful Disaster. I am intrigued!

     
  • At 12:01 am, Blogger Di Gallagher said…

    Ooo! That's such a lovely girl list! It's nice to see 'Come What May' in someone elses head. Ewan's voice makes my heart go skipity skip!

     
  • At 10:44 am, Blogger Damo said…

    Leah - it's not a cover, it's a completely different song! Thought I had better mention that quick before you went and spent any money...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home